RepairmanJack.com Forums
Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? (/thread-837.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - dejo - 11-13-2004

Okay, according to the latest FPW newsletter, a new development in the "Repairman Jack - The Movie" saga is that the project is 'building steam again after a young, big-name star has said he wants to be Repairman Jack' and that he's 26.

Based on this info, and thanks to the ever-helpful IMDB, I did some detective work to determine, at least in my mind, some possibilities of who FPW might be referring to.

He's 26 so that rules out John Cusack (38), Edward Burns (36), Ed Norton (35), and many other "older" names previously suggested.

He's 26 so he was born late in 1977 or in 1978. So, who's a "big-name star" born in that period? Here's what I came up with:

1) James Franco

2) Jason Biggs

3) Joshua Jackson

4) Ethan Embry

5) Topher Grace

6) Josh Hartnett

7) Colin Hanks

(I may have missed some because I didn't recognize their name or skipped over them; it was a LONG list).

Let the speculation begin...

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - maxplay - 11-14-2004

Ashton Kutcher?

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - the Oracle - 11-14-2004

Josh Hartnett would be very COo.oOL

-Rip

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - dejo - 11-14-2004

maxplay Wrote:Ashton Kutcher?

Damn, how did I miss him? Anyways, add him to the list.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - jimbow8 - 11-14-2004

dejo Wrote:
Damn, how did I miss him? Anyways, add him to the list.
Ummm....I'd rather not! Wink

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Maggers - 11-14-2004

I don't think he has the gravitas, the seriousness and, seemingly contrary to the other qualities, the ordinariness to play Jack.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - maxplay - 11-14-2004

Maggers Wrote:I don't think he has the gravitas, the seriousness and, seemingly contrary to the other qualities, the ordinariness to play Jack.

I don't either, but Kutcher and Hartnett are the only 26-year-old actors I would call "big names." Has anyone seen Butterfly Effect? That's they only role I can think of where he doesn't play a version of Kelso.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Sam - 11-14-2004

Shane West (Tom Sawyer in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen )

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/ some names on there I don't recognize. you can seach by year of birth.

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - matthewsmommy - 11-15-2004

dejo Wrote:Okay, according to the latest FPW newsletter, a new development in the "Repairman Jack - The Movie" saga is that the project is 'building steam again after a young, big-name star has said he wants to be Repairman Jack' and that he's 26.

Based on this info, and thanks to the ever-helpful IMDB, I did some detective work to determine, at least in my mind, some possibilities of who FPW might be referring to.

He's 26 so that rules out John Cusack (38), Edward Burns (36), Ed Norton (35), and many other "older" names previously suggested.

I feel old and totally out of the loop.. . . I recognize one of these BIG names, and that's simply because he's the son of Tom Hanks!!! But hey, I know who created Sportacus!!

Which young, big-name star wants to be Repairman Jack? - Maggers - 11-15-2004

matthewsmommy Wrote:I feel old and totally out of the loop.. . . I recognize one of these BIG names, and that's simply because he's the son of Tom Hanks!!! But hey, I know who created Sportacus!!

I know what you mean, but I refuse to think that I'm old (and I'm way older than you! Big Grin ) but I may be out of the loop. I knew 4 out of the 7, and had to Google the other 3 to have a clue.

1) James Franco - he was in Spiderman; can't see him as Jack. Too much of a ...what? narcissistic type?

2) Jason Biggs - he's the American Pie guy. Sorry, he is just NOT JACK.

3) Joshua Jackson - I'm not even sorry about this one, he is just NOT JACK!!!

4) Ethan Embry - sort of wimpy, more of a young character actor I think, but I couldn't even tell you what he's done.

5) Topher Grace - That 70's Show. Good actor, was great in "Traffic." But I think he presents a sort of limp image, doesn't have the restrained macho manliness that Jack should have. And he's so YOUNG!

6) Josh Hartnett - OK, major hearthrob. Really studly and good looking, but again, so YOUNG! He can act, though, and has a proven track record of getting people in the seats.

7) Colin Hanks - not a bad choice; but I don't think he'd be that much of a box office draw.

OK, so much for my casting talents. What do I know, anyway.... I'm not the market they'd be going for, I don't think. Rolleyes