Pages (2):    1 2
Tony H   02-17-2005, 01:56 PM
fpw Wrote:No, I picked it up at Blockbuster because it had been recced by a number of people.

I watched this last night as well. It held my attention and even creeped me out at some parts. That doll thing will be etched in my mind for a while. I am not going into any spoilers but the ending was a downer after a decent setup. Still, a great first effort from the filmmakers who look like college kids. Overally, not bad, but slightly disappointing.

Tony
Kenji   02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Last night I went to see The Grudge.

Pretty good to me. I thought it was close to original. But original was scarier than remake.

Well, anyway, Sarah Michelle Geller, she live in Japanese small town, and she speaking Japanese, that was interesting. It has worth to watch it. From other point of view, Vampire slayer frightened by Japanese ghost. That was a little funny. Big Grin
cyber-jack   02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I sat through this waste of a film last night (SAW, not GRUDGE), and was very happy that the movie was only 90 minutes or so long.

Twisted...sure, Diabolical...yes, Entertaining...sadly no.

I also watched Open Water last night, and though the two films are both purely situational (Two people chained to a wall in a filthy basement and Two people left alone in shark infested waters), Open Water at least had some tension to it. Saw was just, I don't know, all too convenient for me. To be honest, it was just plain boring.

Now, maybe I missed something towards the end, but how did the orderly know where the two guys were being held and why did he go there? Was it on his little tape recorder? Was he going to retrieve the antedote to his poison even though he failed to kill the woman and daughter?

Saw II - I know it's coming, but I for one, will not be wasting any of my time on it.
nonsun blob a   02-19-2005, 10:39 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:I sat through this waste of a film last night (SAW, not GRUDGE), and was very happy that the movie was only 90 minutes or so long.

Twisted...sure, Diabolical...yes, Entertaining...sadly no.

I also watched Open Water last night, and though the two films are both purely situational (Two people chained to a wall in a filthy basement and Two people left alone in shark infested waters), Open Water at least had some tension to it. Saw was just, I don't know, all too convenient for me. To be honest, it was just plain boring.

Now, maybe I missed something towards the end, but how did the orderly know where the two guys were being held and why did he go there? Was it on his little tape recorder? Was he going to retrieve the antedote to his poison even though he failed to kill the woman and daughter?

Saw II - I know it's coming, but I for one, will not be wasting any of my time on it.

Saw was ridiculous. I have never seen a concept ruined so horribly in my life.

aaaaaaaaas
youuuuuu
wiiiiiiish

[Image: bloodmachine2cc.gif]
Marc   03-02-2005, 12:14 AM
AsMoral Wrote:I watched this last night as well. It held my attention and even creeped me out at some parts. That doll thing will be etched in my mind for a while. I am not going into any spoilers but the ending was a downer after a decent setup. Still, a great first effort from the filmmakers who look like college kids. Overally, not bad, but slightly disappointing.

Just finished watching it. For the most part I enjoyed it. Agreed with the general assessment here that you really had to suspend your disbelief but I liked the overall dark nature of the film. The "twist" ending was a bit much but the film as a whole was executed rather well IMHO.

Would I buy the film? No. Would I watch it again? Yes.
jamedog   03-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I just saw "Saw" and "The Grudge" back to back and I enjoyed both of them. The Grudge I thought was scary and had decent acting and story, Saw was alright but I can't see how they can make a sequel to it wihtout repeating the plot of the first one.
Pages (2):    1 2