Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
fpw   08-27-2004, 07:42 AM
As long as we're talking about Jaws, how about the scar scene? Everyone's having fun until Quint mentions the Indianapolis. Back in 1975 I'd never heard of the Indianapolis incident, but Hooper's sudden silence and change of expression sent a chill through me.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   08-27-2004, 08:14 AM
Star Wars.

This opening scene are most terrific in SF movies.
jimbow8   08-27-2004, 10:41 AM
fpw Wrote:As long as we're talking about Jaws, how about the scar scene? Everyone's having fun until Quint mentions the Indianapolis. Back in 1975 I'd never heard of the Indianapolis incident, but Hooper's sudden silence and change of expression sent a chill through me.
I love that scene. I'm still waiting for a movie of the Indianapolis incident. (While I was reading Black Wind, I was wondering if it was going to be mentioned.) Have you seen Open Water yet?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
jimbow8   08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Kenji Asakura Wrote:Star Wars.

This opening scene are most terrific in SF movies.
"That's not a moon; it's a space station."

"That's too big to be a space station."

"I've got a really bad feeling about this."

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   08-27-2004, 11:32 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:"That's not a moon; it's a space station."

"That's too big to be a space station."

"I've got a really bad feeling about this."

Japanese dubbed version. Cool

"Are wa tsukijanai. Uchu kichi da"

"Uchu kichi ni shicha Okisugiruze"

"Nandaka iya na yokan ga suruze"
Terry Willacker   08-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Young Frankenstein -"Put the candle back." or Frau Brucher (horse neighs).
The Mad American   08-27-2004, 03:02 PM
fpw Wrote:In The Exorcist -- when Fr. Merrin steps through the front door and we hear the demon call his name.

Man, the scene in The Exorcist where the demon really start tearing the place up, head spinning, bed jumping. I was very young and that movie scared the bejeebers out of me.

The opening of the original "Dawn of the Dead" where the SWAT guys are in the building trying to help people and the one gets bitten by the supposed corpse. Another movie that scared the woohoo out of me.
Scott Miller   08-27-2004, 03:02 PM
"See if you can guess what I am now?" I have a bet riding on this, was it a banana or mashed potatoes that Belushi ate before posing that question.

"Squeal like a pig for me!" I remember my mom making me leave the room for this scene the first time I watched Deliverance which only piqued my curiousity to an unbearable degree.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Noelie   08-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Quote:"See if you can guess what I am now?" I have a bet riding on this, was it a banana or mashed potatoes that Belushi ate before posing that question.

Is that from Animal House? My memory of it is that it was mashed potatoes.
Noelie   08-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Quote:As long as we're talking about Jaws, how about the scar scene? Everyone's having fun until Quint mentions the Indianapolis. Back in 1975 I'd never heard of the Indianapolis incident, but Hooper's sudden silence and change of expression sent a chill through me.

I was only 8 the first time I saw Jaws, so the scene didn't have immediate impact on me. I do recall the first time I watched it as an adult though, and I had a very similar reaction. It's a great scene in a great movie.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4