SteveBlack   03-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Amazing!
CD have had all that time to get it right and they manage TWO f*** ups on the very first page within the Author's Note.

1 - In the 3rd paragraph the number 11 mysteriously appears
2 - In the last paragraph we're treated to an amazing fact: FPW began writing in the year 19702 (then jumped in his TARDIS and came back to share his gifts among us Wink What a guy!!)

S
APhew   03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
This makes me so glad that I bought the trade edition back when it came out. The CD edition is a really nice oversized hardcover, but at least with the trade I don't ever have to open it. :p
jimbow8   04-15-2005, 09:26 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:Amazing!
CD have had all that time to get it right and they manage TWO f*** ups on the very first page within the Author's Note.

2 - In the last paragraph we're treated to an amazing fact: FPW began writing in the year 19702 (then jumped in his TARDIS and came back to share his gifts among us Wink What a guy!!)

S
Just think, someday your great, great, great...... great, great, great grandchildren will be able to say: I went to school with F. Paul Wilson. I knew him before he was somebody.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   04-15-2005, 11:31 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Just think, someday your great, great, great...... great, great, great grandchildren will be able to say: I went to school with F. Paul Wilson. I knew him before he was somebody.

Before he after became somebody?

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-16-2005, 08:47 PM
SteveBlack Wrote:Amazing!

S

Actually, Paul will have start written :confused: in the year 2525. Zager and Evans tell the whole sad story.
This post was last modified: 04-16-2005, 09:03 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
KRW   04-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Before he after became somebody?

Ken V.

Ooouuuccchhh! Don't make me think like that Ken! Big Grin I almost had an aneorism over that sentence!

KRW
Kev The Brit   04-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi there, just returned from London, and the shop 'Murder One' which is having a big moving sale - they're doing away with the Horror / Fantasy side of their books and selling them off cheaply to say the least - I picked up a copy of the Stephen King Biblio Horror Plumb'd down from £60.00 to £1.99 - BARGAIN !, but, I noticed they had a limited edition slipcased version of the CD Pubs 'Midnight Mass' for sale - £50.00 ; anyways, not having seen one before, briefly considered buying it, and pulling it out of the slipcase to have a look at it saw that it stated it was #44(something), can't recall the exact limitation out of 500 signed copies, BUT, having checked and rechecked it, could NOT find a signature in it at all of FPW's.........ANYWHERE.........Come on CD, you'd have thought you would have checked the books were all signed...................so, if there is anyone in London, or the London are who wants it, better get there quick and snap it up. Anyways, laters guys, just stopped holding my breath for SIMS 5 to be published anytime soon! All the best, Kevin
Kev The Brit   04-19-2005, 06:53 PM
If I recall now correctly, thinking about it, the book number was #443 / 500.......again, CD Pubs......go figure !<P>Laters, Kevin
Biggles   04-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Actually, Paul will have start written :confused: in the year 2525. Zager and Evans tell the whole sad story.

Ahhh! Zager and Evans. One hit wonders, but a really GOOD hit. Didn't we have a thread once about one hit wonders? My addled brain can't remember.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Biggles   04-19-2005, 10:46 PM
APhew Wrote:This makes me so glad that I bought the trade edition back when it came out. The CD edition is a really nice oversized hardcover, but at least with the trade I don't ever have to open it. :p

So true. Happiness is having a book you never have to open. :confused:

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"