Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Blake   03-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Does it count if I want to see an adaptation that's already been done twice? Frank Herbert's Dune still hasn't been made into a movie that really captures the essence of the book, IMO. And while the Sci-Fi Channel's adaptation of Children of Dune (really an adaptation of both the second and third books in the series) wasn't bad, it didn't really nail it either.

And, if someone would do it right, I'd love to see the fourth book, God Emperor of Dune, adapted for the screen. I think Leto II would be fascinating to watch. He's by far the most complex and interesting fictional character I've ever come across. I never get tired of reading that book because of him.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Blake   03-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh, here's another one: Slay and Rescue by John Moore. Hysterically funny! If I remember rightly, my paperback bills it as "The adventures of Prince Charming and how he survived them." It's a riot! I'm not sure how easy it is to get anymore, but it at least appears to be available in electronic form here. I should see what else he's written.

Anyway, if it was done right, that could be an enormously entertaining and funny film.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
law dawg   03-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Blake Wrote:Oh, here's another one: Slay and Rescue by John Moore. Hysterically funny! If I remember rightly, my paperback bills it as "The adventures of Prince Charming and how he survived them." It's a riot! I'm not sure how easy it is to get anymore, but it at least appears to be available in electronic form here. I should see what else he's written.

Anyway, if it was done right, that could be an enormously entertaining and funny film.

Blake
Neuromancer by William Gibson.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4