Pages (2): 1 2   
KRW   01-25-2005, 11:17 PM
I've just finished "Mirage", and I loved it! It was a great book but I would love to hear some of FPW ideas on hypnotic regression and false memorys (for a personal reason).

The real question for this thread is--- Where is "DNA Wars"?
At the end of this book it says watch for DNA Wars, the new novel by F. Paul Wilson and Mathew J. Costello from Warner Aspect in April 1998. So, where is this book? :confused:

KRW-Just looking for another adventure!
Maggers   01-26-2005, 12:25 AM
KRW Wrote:I've just finished "Mirage", and I loved it! It was a great book but I would love to hear some of FPW ideas on hypnotic regression and false memorys (for a personal reason).

The real question for this thread is--- Where is "DNA Wars"?
At the end of this book it says watch for DNA Wars, the new novel by F. Paul Wilson and Mathew J. Costello from Warner Aspect in April 1998. So, where is this book? :confused:

KRW-Just looking for another adventure!

I just got a signed hard cover copy of "Mirage" on ebay. Yipee! I can't wait to read it, although I may have read it before. I've had a paperback version kicking around for a few years and I can't remember if I read it or not. :confused:

Gotta love this memory...it's pretty good, it's just short. Big Grin

But at least I get to enjoy books and movies again and again and again, almost like the first time.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   01-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Maggers Wrote:I just got a signed hard cover copy of "Mirage" on ebay. Yipee! I can't wait to read it, although I may have read it before. I've had a paperback version kicking around for a few years and I can't remember if I read it or not. :confused:

But at least I get to enjoy books and movies again and again and again, almost like the first time.

You crack me up! I can think of quite a few things I'd like to experiance again and again and again, almost like the first time. But I'm not quite sure if movies and books makes it in that catagorey YET!!! Big Grin

KRW
Biggles   01-26-2005, 01:47 AM
KRW Wrote:You crack me up! I can think of quite a few things I'd like to experiance again and again and again, almost like the first time. But I'm not quite sure if movies and books makes it in that catagorey YET!!! Big Grin

KRW

I have short term memory problems too. I'm told that I sometimes ask the same questions repeatedly or reiterate things I've already said.

I have short term memory problems too. I'm told that I sometimes ask the same questions repeatedly or reiterate things I've already said.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   01-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Biggles Wrote:I have short term memory problems too. I'm told that I sometimes ask the same questions repeatedly or reiterate things I've already said.

Aye-Aye.

(Or is it Oy-Oy.)

Ken V.
Marc   01-26-2005, 02:42 AM
KRW Wrote:The real question for this thread is--- Where is "DNA Wars"?
At the end of this book it says watch for DNA Wars, the new novel by F. Paul Wilson and Mathew J. Costello from Warner Aspect in April 1998. So, where is this book?

If memory serves, DNA Wars was retitled and released as Masque. Hope this helps.
fpw   01-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Marc B. Wrote:If memory serves, DNA Wars was retitled and released as Masque.

Correct.

Mirage began when I heard Elizabeth Loftus speak at a Johns Hopkins seminar on false memory. For more, check out http://www.fmsfonline.org/

From what I've read on memory recovery therapy, it's as bogus as can be. The therapist implants memories -- and that ain't so hard to do.

As someone said -- maybe me -- the more you know about memory, the more amazed you become that we remember anything accurately.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   01-26-2005, 10:18 AM
fpw Wrote:Correct.

Mirage began when I heard Elizabeth Loftus speak at a Johns Hopkins seminar on false memory. For more, check out http://www.fmsfonline.org/

From what I've read on memory recovery therapy, it's as bogus as can be. The therapist implants memories -- and that ain't so hard to do.

As someone said -- maybe me -- the more you know about memory, the more amazed you become that we remember anything accurately.
Agreed. That statement reminds me of the studies they do in crime study classes (see, I can't even remember that) where they have a subject run through a classroom, and then they examine what the students remember about him.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Paul R   01-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just got a signed hard cover copy of "Mirage" on ebay. Yipee! I can't wait to read it, although I may have read it before. I've had a paperback version kicking around for a few years and I can't remember if I read it or not. :confused:

I just love your memory. I always thought I had a bad one until I read about yours.
Forgetting reading books is one thing, but not remembering that you've already ordered The Little Beige Book? Jeez! Makes me proud of my memory! Big Grin
KRW   01-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Marc B. Wrote:If memory serves, DNA Wars was retitled and released as Masque. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark! I suspected it, but I was hoping for a rare hidden gem that was written and then forgotten about! Masque is a great book.

KRW
Pages (2): 1 2