Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8   
bkwormonthenet   01-22-2005, 06:00 AM
I've been considering putting together a list of the best ghost movies, and I thought I'd seek out the help of the forum for suggestions and opinions. Maybe there are some out there that I should catch, too. Don't think of current films only. On my start list below, you'll find an old one that's unexpected!

Here's some I find to be excellent:

The Others
The Sixth Sense
The Haunting
Field of Dreams
The Time of Their Lives (a hilarious Abbot and Costello comedy that is one of their best movies)

I think I want to add THE RING to this also, but, I tell you, this flick scared the crap out of me for some reason. I've only been able to watch it once and sold off my DVD of it, the thing creeped me out so much. I'm not sure why, really, since I have watched films more intense. This one just takes the cake for me personally on fright. The images stick with you long after the film is over.

Some might suggest I put GHOST on the list. That's certainly worth consideration. Anyone want to take on its defense? It's got a brief and little-known apperarance by Mike Jittlov in it to go in its favor! (He played the demon-ghosts at the end who took the villian off to hell.)

I also watched the version of THIRTEEN GHOSTS with Tony Shaloub. I heard a lot of people disliked this. It had a certain appeal, and I was interested in what others thought.

Open to your comments and suggestions, please! Thank you!

Sean
Kenji   01-22-2005, 07:41 AM
bkwormonthenet Wrote:I've been considering putting together a list of the best ghost movies, and I thought I'd seek out the help of the forum for suggestions and opinions. Maybe there are some out there that I should catch, too. Don't think of current films only. On my start list below, you'll find an old one that's unexpected!

Here's some I find to be excellent:

The Others
The Sixth Sense
The Haunting
Field of Dreams
The Time of Their Lives (a hilarious Abbot and Costello comedy that is one of their best movies)

Open to your comments and suggestions, please! Thank you!

Sean

The Others and The Sixth Sense are definitely excellent, and Field of Dreams is good story. But The Haunting is....you mentioned about film of Catherine Zeta Jones and Leeam Neeson? I think that was awful,IMHO.

My other favorite ghost movies are.....

Ghost
Ghost of Mars
Pet Sematary
Darkness

Ghost is memorable movie in my life. Especially jumping(dancing?) ghost in subway, that was cool!! Big Grin Woopie Goldberg and Demi Moore, they are wonderful.

Ghost of Mars...Is that ghost or Zombie? Sometimes I feel confusing it. They are very sadistic to themselves. That's too creepy! :eek:

Pet Sematary...Very scary movie. Sometimes I jumped up from seat in theater. But at the same time, it was very sad movie. One character, Victor Pascow was nice.

Darkness....Ghost is hiding in dark places. They can't appear to bright places.
Nevertheless they are very aggressive. Once light was turned off, they appear out, and attack to human.
This post was last modified: 01-22-2005, 07:46 AM by Kenji.
Medusa   01-22-2005, 11:01 AM
"Below" is a very good ghost story and so was "GhostShip" (Not sure if it is 1 or 2 words. Ghostship had scenes that I couldn't get out of my head.
Kenji   01-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Medusa Wrote:"Below" is a very good ghost story and so was "GhostShip" (Not sure if it is 1 or 2 words. Ghostship had scenes that I couldn't get out of my head.

Ghostship.......that opening scene?
Medusa   01-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Kenji Wrote:Ghostship.......that opening scene?
Didn't you just dream about that opening scene! Talk about a "wake up and watch!" Whew! But that's one of the things that made it so cool!
bkwormonthenet   01-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Kenji Wrote:But The Haunting is....you mentioned about film of Catherine Zeta Jones and Leeam Neeson? I think that was awful,IMHO.

Kenji --

Yeah, I figured there would be some disagreement on that one. But I liked it. I thought it was a decent ghost story and was beautiful visually.

Sean
bkwormonthenet   01-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Medusa Wrote:"Below" is a very good ghost story and so was "GhostShip" (Not sure if it is 1 or 2 words. Ghostship had scenes that I couldn't get out of my head.

I'll have to check out both. Thanks!

Sean
ccosborne3   01-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I can only think of three.

Poltergiest, ghost story classic.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, nobody does a doubletake like Knotts.

The Entity, pervo ghost.

Unless you want to include the sub genre of the haunted house movie (which are usually haunted by ghosts). If so, I have a ton of them.
bkwormonthenet   01-22-2005, 11:30 AM
ccosborne3 Wrote:The Entity, pervo ghost.

Unless you want to include the sub genre of the haunted house movie (which are usually haunted by ghosts). If so, I have a ton of them.

I forgot about THE ENTITY. What a disturbing film.

Go ahead and throw down a list of your haunted house movies, too.

Sean
Kenji   01-22-2005, 11:31 AM
bkwormonthenet Wrote:Kenji --

Yeah, I figured there would be some disagreement on that one. But I liked it. I thought it was a decent ghost story and was beautiful visually.

Sean

Well, visual was beautiful. But I dunno why.....I almost fell asleep in theater. And next, I saw it again on TV, and again I fell asleep. I rarely fall asleep in theater.
Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8