Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
jimbow8   01-17-2005, 05:00 PM
KRW Wrote:It was Super Fuzz:
Dave Speed is a young patrol man in Miami, Florida, who after accidental exposure to nuclear radiation develops incredible powers. He can see round corners, move a driver-less truck, race up 20 flights of stairs in 20 seconds, and fall from a window high up in a skyscraper and land on his feet, unhurt. He is in many ways a super cop, but his powers fail him when he sees the colour red. Anything red, from a girl's bathing costume to a traffic light.

Dave's friend and surperior in the force is hard-bitten campaigner Sgt, Willie Dunlop. The pair are expected to pull their weight in the city's bid to uncover a counterfeit ring. Led by underworld boss Torpedo, the gang is causing havoc by flooding the city with forged banknotes. Pulling their weight lands the two cops in big trouble. But in this light-hearted action adventure there is plenty of scope for Dave to test his astonishing powers in the course of tracking down the crooks

KRW
That's it! Thanks.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
cyber-jack   01-17-2005, 05:07 PM
KRW Wrote:It was Super Fuzz:

Dave's friend and surperior in the force is hard-bitten campaigner Sgt, Willie Dunlop.

KRW

I remember seeing this movie in our local theatre, but remember nothing about it other than it had Ernest Borgnine in it, the above mentioned "surperior".

This was one of the last films I saw on a really big screen before our local theatre divided into two smaller screens. The last one I saw was Poltergeist I think.
KRW   01-17-2005, 05:24 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:That's it! Thanks.

Your Welcome!
I remembered the scene where he runs into the Red garage door. I thought Super Cop at first but wasn't sure it was right so I looked it up and low and behold, it was Super Fuzz. It's a great movie.

KRW
Kenji   01-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:One of my favorite shows of the 60s was THE INVADERS, starring Roy Thinnes as David Vincent. "The Invaders...alien beings from a dying planet. Their destination...the Earth. Their purpose...to make it =their=world. David Vincent has seem them. For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a shortcut that he never found. It began with a closed, deserted diner...and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey. It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy. David Vincent knows the Invaders are here. Now he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare has already begun." Anybody remember it?

I remember The Invaders! Smile

When I was kid, I always watched it. I liked it. Oh, man! I'm now deeply feeling nostalgia.
Kenji   01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Sam Wrote:WOW!!! Space Giants!! I thought I was the only person who remembered that show. I can still hear that whistle in my head. MAKE IT STOP!!!

BTW the other show you mentioned may be my favorite at that time - Spectreman.

You know Spectreman!? Wow! I didn't know that American people watched this show!! Smile
Kenji   01-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Lokheed Wrote:Season one of The Greatest American Hero is coming out on DVD soon. If you're feeling nostalgic, that is. Big Grin

I have DVD too! It's very fun! Big Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Kenji Wrote:I remember The Invaders! Smile

When I was kid, I always watched it. I liked it. Oh, man! I'm now deeply feeling nostalgia.

What a great show! I wish it were available on DVD. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Flinx   01-17-2005, 11:24 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:There was a movie about a superhero who lost his super-powers whenever he saw the color red. He would be running super-fast down a street and see a red garage door, and BAM he would lose his power. Somehow he got sent to prison and was going to be executed. The bad guy came right before his execution dressed as a priest and gave him a red rose. Etc, etc, etc.

Anyone remember this one?
I remember watching this at the cinema, it starred Terrence Hill & Ernest Borgnine. Here in Australia, it was called Super Cop but when I looked it up on imdb it has a US title as Super Fuzz.
Flinx   01-17-2005, 11:36 PM
KRW Wrote:Your Welcome!
I remembered the scene where he runs into the Red garage door. I thought Super Cop at first but wasn't sure it was right so I looked it up and low and behold, it was Super Fuzz. It's a great movie.

KRW
I posted my previous message before I had read your post. I definitely remember it as Super Cop, maybe they changed the name for some areas where they didn't think Fuzz would be accepted. Also on imdb, the listing for Terrence Hill has 2 other movies with Super Cop in the title, maybe they didn't want to confuse people.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-18-2005, 01:45 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:I remember seeing this movie in our local theatre, but remember nothing about it other than it had Ernest Borgnine in it, the above mentioned "surperior".

This was one of the last films I saw on a really big screen before our local theatre divided into two smaller screens. The last one I saw was Poltergeist I think.

Ah, Ernest Borgnine... He won an Oscar for MARTY. He was one of the Wild Bunch. And in between he was Lt. Commander Quinton McHale. Well, a gig's a gig, I guess.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6