RepairmanJack.com Forums
Anyone else remember these shows? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone else remember these shows? (/thread-630.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Anyone else remember these shows? - Gerald Rice - 01-14-2005

When I was little in the mid-80s there were a few shows I loved that no one seems to remember. Sci-Fi has since rebroadcast episodes of Manimal, but there were also two other shows, Automan and Misfits of Science (starring Courtney Cox and Kevin Peter Hall) that no one seems to remember. Automan was a computer character brought to life by his creator and Cursor could turn into any vehicle. Misfits of Science was a bunch of young X-Men types and the coolest one was this guy who could shoot electricity from his hands. Kevin Peter Hall is this 7' tall guy who could shrink himself and I forget what Courtney Cox could do. But anyone else remember these or have their own no one else remembers?

Anyone else remember these shows? - Dave - 01-14-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:When I was little in the mid-80s there were a few shows I loved that no one seems to remember. Sci-Fi has since rebroadcast episodes of Manimal, but there were also two other shows, Automan and Misfits of Science (starring Courtney Cox and Kevin Peter Hall) that no one seems to remember. Automan was a computer character brought to life by his creator and Cursor could turn into any vehicle. Misfits of Science was a bunch of young X-Men types and the coolest one was this guy who could shoot electricity from his hands. Kevin Peter Hall is this 7' tall guy who could shrink himself and I forget what Courtney Cox could do. But anyone else remember these or have their own no one else remembers?

I remember Misfits of Science and Manimal. The former was released here as a movie, from what I recall. That may have been the pilot.

Dave

Anyone else remember these shows? - Keith the Elder - 01-14-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:When I was little in the mid-80s there were a few shows I loved that no one seems to remember. Sci-Fi has since rebroadcast episodes of Manimal, but there were also two other shows, Automan and Misfits of Science (starring Courtney Cox and Kevin Peter Hall) that no one seems to remember. Automan was a computer character brought to life by his creator and Cursor could turn into any vehicle. Misfits of Science was a bunch of young X-Men types and the coolest one was this guy who could shoot electricity from his hands. Kevin Peter Hall is this 7' tall guy who could shrink himself and I forget what Courtney Cox could do. But anyone else remember these or have their own no one else remembers?

Manimal with Simon McCorkindale NBC was on about 6 episodes

Automan with Dezi Arnaez jr as the police scientist (?) who created Automan. ya gotta how Automan glowed from his sleeves, collar and pant legs and when he jumped out of the plane with the money (really cursor) I just lost it!!!

Never saw the misfits

Anyone else remember these shows? - Marc - 01-14-2005

It took me years to remember the title of "Misfists of Science" (the way I always described it was a bunch of people with powers, one that could control lightening). Once I found out what the title was I was able to find the shows. Haven't watched them yet but there sitting here waiting for that freetime I am always looking for.

Anyone else remember these shows? - the Oracle - 01-14-2005

I loved Automan! I also dug this cartoon I think was called, Star Blazers where the good guys travelled in a space ship shaped like a submarine.

How about the Six Million Dollar Man?

(:

Anyone else remember these shows? - All Thumbs - 01-14-2005

...who remembers "Misfits of Science". Anybody remember a show called "Quark" with Richard Benjamin from the late 70's?

Anyone else remember these shows? - Keith the Elder - 01-14-2005

All Thumbs Wrote:...who remembers "Misfits of Science". Anybody remember a show called "Quark" with Richard Benjamin from the late 70's?

Yup

Those Barnstable twins (Trish and Cyb)

Anyone else remember these shows? - All Thumbs - 01-14-2005

...but it was a fun, goofy show.

Quote:I also dug this cartoon I think was called, Star Blazers where the good guys travelled in a space ship shaped like a submarine.

Never missed it, Oracle!

Anyone else remember these shows? - bkwormonthenet - 01-14-2005

All Thumbs Wrote:Anybody remember a show called "Quark" with Richard Benjamin from the late 70's?

Yes! Came out after the original first release of the first STAR WARS (now called Episode IV, of course). He had a sidekick that looked like a human but was supposedly a plant, right?

Anyone remember Q.E.D., which starred Sam Waterston, of LAW & ORDER fame?

Sean

Anyone else remember these shows? - maxplay - 01-14-2005

Does anyone remember The Sixth Sense with Gary Collins? They later would rerun episodes as part of Night Gallery. Most of you have probably seen Darren McGavin in Kolchak: the Night Stalker, but does anyone remember The Outsider? His character was very similar to James Garner's a few years later in The Rockford Files.