Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
cyber-jack   01-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Sam Wrote:WOW!!! Space Giants!! I thought I was the only person who remembered that show. I can still hear that whistle in my head. MAKE IT STOP!!!

BTW the other show you mentioned may be my favorite at that time - Spectreman.

This could be it...Did this guy fly? I honestly can't remember the name of the show but it was on about the same time as Space Giants...
Lokheed   01-17-2005, 02:56 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I loved that show too. And the theme song.

Season one of The Greatest American Hero is coming out on DVD soon. If you're feeling nostalgic, that is. Big Grin
cyber-jack   01-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Lokheed Wrote:Season one of The Greatest American Hero is coming out on DVD soon. If you're feeling nostalgic, that is. Big Grin

With all the recent dorky films based on 70's TV, I'm surprised this hasn't been optioned for a major film release...Owen Wilson would be a shoe in for the main character...was his name Ralph in the show??? and Kate Beckensale could play Connie Seleca's role as the girlfriend....Robert Kulp's character, the FBI guy, could be played by pretty much anybody...
jimbow8   01-17-2005, 04:05 PM
cyber-jack Wrote:With all the recent dorky films based on 70's TV, I'm surprised this hasn't been optioned for a major film release...Owen Wilson would be a shoe in for the main character...was his name Ralph in the show??? and Kate Beckensale could play Connie Seleca's role as the girlfriend....Robert Kulp's character, the FBI guy, could be played by pretty much anybody...
OMG! You should be in casting!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Sam Wrote:Sounds like a cool show but I'm pretty sure I've never seen it. I remember Roy playing an alien in an X-Files episode.

For some odd reason, which is normal for my brain, another show popped into my head while I read your post - The Greatest American Hero. I loved that show but can barely remember it.

Ah, Sam, THE INVADERS was a show-and -a-half. The aliens could take human form, but their pinkies couldn't bend. (I believe that's where the band Stiff Little Fingers got their name.) And when you killed one, they'd burn up. There was a great episode where David Vincent--reviled as a crackpot--shoots one in public in a small town. The sheriff and his boys shout, "Freeze!"
Of course, Vincent takes care of business. The look on the lawmens' faces as they watch the invader sparkle and disintergrate was priceless. As was the look on David Vincent's face: "Crazy, am I? You believe me =now=?" Then there was the show in which Vincent captured one of their saucers... Ah, where's the like today? I remember watching THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO when I lived in Brockport. Was it the late 70s? The theme song was corny/good. There was a great scene in which the Hero is being shot. Of course, bullets couldn't hurt him, but he didn't really believe it. He did what any sensible guy would do--raise his arms up to protect his eyes! :p
jimbow8   01-17-2005, 04:15 PM
There was a movie about a superhero who lost his super-powers whenever he saw the color red. He would be running super-fast down a street and see a red garage door, and BAM he would lose his power. Somehow he got sent to prison and was going to be executed. The bad guy came right before his execution dressed as a priest and gave him a red rose. Etc, etc, etc.

Anyone remember this one?

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
cyber-jack   01-17-2005, 04:19 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:OMG! You should be in casting!

Anybody could be in casting, it's not exactly rocket science...
Bluesman Mike Lindner   01-17-2005, 04:40 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:There was a movie about a superhero who lost his super-powers whenever he saw the color red. He would be running super-fast down a street and see a red garage door, and BAM he would lose his power. Somehow he got sent to prison and was going to be executed. The bad guy came right before his execution dressed as a priest and gave him a red rose. Etc, etc, etc.

I never saw the flick, Jimbo, but mercy--what a concept. Was it explained how the sight of red robbed his powers? Would shades have protected him? And, on a similar note, I never understood why the Green Lantern didn't, when faced by a yellow-colored threat, use his ring to make the dust in the air stick to the yellow object to make it a grey object that his power ring =could= affect.
jimbow8   01-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I never saw the flick, Jimbo, but mercy--what a concept. Was it explained how the sight of red robbed his powers? Would shades have protected him? And, on a similar note, I never understood why the Green Lantern didn't, when faced by a yellow-colored threat, use his ring to make the dust in the air stick to the yellow object to make it a grey object that his power ring =could= affect.
Explained?!?! This was the 70's (or very early 80's)! There was no need to explain things - at least that I remember. Wink

As for the Green Lantern, I can't answer that one. I know almost nothing about his origin or powers.

KRW   01-17-2005, 04:56 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:There was a movie about a superhero who lost his super-powers whenever he saw the color red. He would be running super-fast down a street and see a red garage door, and BAM he would lose his power. Somehow he got sent to prison and was going to be executed. The bad guy came right before his execution dressed as a priest and gave him a red rose. Etc, etc, etc.

It was Super Fuzz:
Dave Speed is a young patrol man in Miami, Florida, who after accidental exposure to nuclear radiation develops incredible powers. He can see round corners, move a driver-less truck, race up 20 flights of stairs in 20 seconds, and fall from a window high up in a skyscraper and land on his feet, unhurt. He is in many ways a super cop, but his powers fail him when he sees the colour red. Anything red, from a girl's bathing costume to a traffic light.

Dave's friend and surperior in the force is hard-bitten campaigner Sgt, Willie Dunlop. The pair are expected to pull their weight in the city's bid to uncover a counterfeit ring. Led by underworld boss Torpedo, the gang is causing havoc by flooding the city with forged banknotes. Pulling their weight lands the two cops in big trouble. But in this light-hearted action adventure there is plenty of scope for Dave to test his astonishing powers in the course of tracking down the crooks

KRW
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6