Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10   
sublime1983   01-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Maggers Wrote:It's the "lesbo" term that I find offensive. I hear it as a slur, and I don't like it.

I didn't watch much of her TV show. I do watch her current talk show and she's very funny. So were her HBO specials.
I may be a little slow, but isn't "lesbo" short for "lesbian?" I'm sorry for offending you, I didn't mean anything by it.

There was once a man who was all obsessed with the strangest things. Like Nestle Quik, original cdr's and Afro-sheen. He built himself his dome, never left his home, decided life is much better when you're on your own. You might not want my opinion, but he coulda been on to something good.

Josh
KRW   01-12-2005, 08:54 PM
sublime1983 Wrote:I may be a little slow, but isn't "lesbo" short for "lesbian?" I'm sorry for offending you, I didn't mean anything by it.

I thought so to, now we know better.

As far as funny goes, Jim Carrey used to be, no more.
David Spade is hillarious.
Sam Kinison was classic.
Brian Reagen and The Amazing Jonathon are my favorite stand-ups!
Chris Farley was such a spaz I had to laugh!
George Carlinwas great. Oh wait, This is who's not funny, I got carried away.

My dislikes are: Rosanne Barr
Rosie O'Donnal
Eddie Murphy, now.
I'm gonna be hated for this one, but Peter Sellers.
Chris Rock.
Polly Shore, seen him at the Improve and all he could do was gripe how Adam Sandler was getting all his parts.
Carrot Top.
All the Waynes brothers except Damon.
and Tom Hanks, but I like his serious movies.
Enough for now, comedy is so hit and miss, i doubt there is one comedien everyone would agree on. Some if seen on t.v. that didn't even make me chuckle, but live was a whole nother story.

KRW
Maggers   01-12-2005, 09:11 PM
sublime1983 Wrote:I may be a little slow, but isn't "lesbo" short for "lesbian?" I'm sorry for offending you, I didn't mean anything by it.

"Lesbo" is short for lesbian, but it is considered derogatory, just as "homo" for homosexual man may be a short version of the word but is a slur.

At least it's that way in NYC.

(*and now I will step down from my soapbox*)

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Lisa   01-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Maggers, anyone who doesn't know "lesbo" is derogatory is either willfully ignorant or woefully out of touch. You made the right call.

As for not funny -- Carrot Top. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Lisa
sublime1983   01-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Lisa Wrote:Maggers, anyone who doesn't know "lesbo" is derogatory is either willfully ignorant or woefully out of touch. You made the right call.

As for not funny -- Carrot Top. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Lisa
Ouch. :confused:

There was once a man who was all obsessed with the strangest things. Like Nestle Quik, original cdr's and Afro-sheen. He built himself his dome, never left his home, decided life is much better when you're on your own. You might not want my opinion, but he coulda been on to something good.

Josh
Ken Valentine   01-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Lisa Wrote:Maggers, anyone who doesn't know "lesbo" is derogatory is either willfully ignorant or woefully out of touch. You made the right call.

Willfully ignorant AND woefully out of touch. Agreed -- it was the right call.

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   01-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Maggers Wrote:Most of the assorted SNL casts during the '80's

Never saw Saturday Night Live in the '80's. After the first season it went rapidly down hill, and I stopped watching it.

Ken V.
Lisa   01-13-2005, 01:29 AM
sublime1983 Wrote:Ouch. :confused:

Take another look at your original reply. Read as is, it sounds pretty darn bigoted. Replace "lesbo" with another offensive word (n*gger, trailer trash, gun nut, wetback, etc) and you'll see what I mean.

Lisa
fpw   01-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I find Ellen D. sweet and funny. Never saw Ellen, but the few times I've caught her talk show I've liked it.

May I add Jason Alexander to the list? The only reason he was funny in Seinfeld was due to the writing -- and because he was aping Ralph Kramden.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   01-13-2005, 10:09 AM
He(She) is funny...

Jack Black(School of Rock is really fun and excellent)
Steve Martin
John Belushi(He's dead, but his comedy spirits is still alive)
Jim Carey

He(She) was funny...

Robin Williams
Woopie Goldberg(except Sister Act2)
Mike Myers
Eddie Murphy(Funny his last movie was Show Time)
Goldie Hawn

He(She) is NOT funny...

David Spade
Chris Farley
Tim Allen
Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10