Keith the Elder   01-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Gilbert Gottfried
Howie Mandel
Jim Carrey
John Belushi
David Spade
Joan Rivers and her daughter Melissa
Jackie Gleason

David Letterman...years ago when I was a junior enlisted man in the Navy, Letterman went to this place with a hydraulic press. he crushed a Marlboro hard pack ans reversed the tape showing the pack reassume its shape(Funny) Then he crushed a pack of hot dogs and a can of beans (all we could afford for dinner coincidently on that night) NOT FUNNY

Gallagher Not FUNNY

Anybody wasting food =NOT FUNNY=

keith the elder
This post was last modified: 01-13-2005, 01:49 PM by Keith the Elder.
Scott Hajek   01-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Maggers Wrote:It's the "lesbo" term that I find offensive. I hear it as a slur, and I don't like it.

I didn't watch much of her TV show. I do watch her current talk show and she's very funny. So were her HBO specials.

I agree with you on all counts. Her talk show is plainly unpredictable; it's great to see some of the guests relax with her sense of humor.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Scott Hajek   01-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Truly funny when seen live:
Tim Allen
Bill Cosby (I saw him when I was about 8 years old)
George Carlin (His books are generally a rehash of his material, get the DVDs or CDs instead)

Truly unfunny when seen live or not:
Paula Poundstone
Rita Rudner
Roseanne

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
cyber-jack   01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Maggers Wrote:"Lesbo" is short for lesbian, but it is considered derogatory, just as "homo" for homosexual man may be a short version of the word but is a slur.

At least it's that way in NYC.

(*and now I will step down from my soapbox*)

Televised lesbian or not, Ellen Degenerate is not funny. She used to be funny as a receptionist on a fox show about real estate agents like 20 years ago. I don't recall the name of the show, but she was hilarious...now, she's just annoying.

Had she not so blatently used her new found sexuality to attempt to further her career, she would have simply fallen gracefully into obscurity like some of the aforementioned unfunny comedians. Now she's forever to be known as Anne Heche's ex-husband.
This post was last modified: 01-13-2005, 02:18 PM by cyber-jack.
stacyzinda123   01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Funny:
Jim Carrey
Friends entire cast (on that show, outside the show they're spotty)
Will Farrel on SNL
More of these, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment

Not funny:
Ben Stiller (except Dodgeball, I thought that was hilarious)
Jerry Seinfeld
Howard Stern
Will Farrel's movies
the list would go on, but I can't think of any others right now
cyber-jack   01-13-2005, 12:03 PM
One name disturbingly absent from this list is Ben Stiller.

I don't understand how this guy even has a career in the first place, let alone continues to thrive in movie after movie. He's not even close to being funny, he's annoying at best, but somehow get picked for some great scripts.

Chris Farley and David Spade are woefully not funny and are scraping the bottom of the barrel, but even a dead Chris Farley is a better comedian then Ben Stiller.

Filming Mystery Men alone should have ended this guy's career, as it did for several other so called comedians.

OOPS! StacyZinda123 slipped in between my posts...Glad to see I'm not alone in my disdain for Ben.
This post was last modified: 01-13-2005, 12:06 PM by cyber-jack.
APhew   01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
My list will bounce around, I'm just going with what comes to mind.

Not funny = Crank Yankers. I'm sorry, prank phone calls were funny when I was a pre-teen and haven't been since.

Not funny = Broken Lizard's Club Dread
Funny = Broken Lizard's Super Troopers

Funny = Scrubs

Not Funny = Committed (New comedy on NBC)

Funny = The Daily Show, Weekend Update on SNL

Not Funny = C-Span

Funny = Mr. Show with Bob and David

Not Funny = The last half-hour of Saturday Night Live (usually)

Funny = Bill Hicks

I could go on and on.

I also don't agree with people who think Eddie Murphy and Robin Williams plus any other legendary comic are not funny anymore. They are LEGENDS, they paved the way for a lot of comedy we have today. I think Eddie's voice work for "Donkey" in the Shrek films is hilarious. Robin hasn't done much stand-up, he's been doing more serious roles in films, but when I catch him being interviewed I still think his comedic timing is perfect. So these people aren't as funny as they used to be, who cares? Their backwork should speak for itself. They are like anybody else out there, they have hits and misses. This also goes for Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, etc... Wow, that's a lot of SNL alumni... Smile
This post was last modified: 01-13-2005, 12:42 PM by APhew.
jimbow8   01-13-2005, 12:22 PM
APhew Wrote:I also don't agree with people who think Eddie Murphy and Robin Williams plus any other legendary comic are not funny anymore. They are LEGENDS, they paved the way for a lot of comedy we have today. I think Eddie's voice work for "Donkey" in the Shrek films is hilarious. Robin hasn't done much stand-up, he's been doing more serious roles in films, but when I catch him being interviewed I still thing his comedic timing is perfect. So these people aren't as funny as they used to be, who cares? Their backwork should speak for itself. They are like anybody else out there, they have hits and misses. This also goes for Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, etc... Wow, that's a lot of SNL alumni... Smile
I won't disagree that they are legends and should be honored as such. I just don't find most of what Robin Williams does funny anymore. I think he is an EXCELLENT dramatic actor: Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, etc. To each his own, I guess. Eddie Murphy is ok, though has made some pretty bad movies: Klumps, Dr Doolittle 2; also some good ones: Shrek.

Bill Murray and Steve Martin will always be funny to me. Chevy Chase also, but less so.

Opinions are great: everyone can have a different one.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
cyber-jack Wrote:Televised lesbian or not, Ellen Degenerate is not funny. She used to be funny as a receptionist on a fox show about real estate agents like 20 years ago. I don't recall the name of the show, but she was hilarious...now, she's just annoying.

Had she not so blatently used her new found sexuality to attempt to further her career, she would have simply fallen gracefully into obscurity like some of the aforementioned unfunny comedians. Now she's forever to be known as Anne Heche's ex-husband.

I could not disagree with you more. On all accounts.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10