Kenji   12-22-2004, 10:32 AM
I found out information about Japanese edition HOSTS.

Release date: January 28, 2005.

Publisher: Fusosha.(Always this publisher)

Style: Vol.1 & Vol.2. (Again!?)

Now I got only three info.....Ahhhh, I can't wait!!! Big Grin
Kenji   01-04-2005, 03:47 AM
I found out information about Japanese edition's title of The HOSTS. The title is....

始末屋ジャック;見えない敵

How to read? This is "Shimatsuya Jack;Mienai Teki"
This meaning is "Repairman Jack;Unseen Enemy"

Woooow! What a cool title! I like it! Smile
This post was last modified: 01-04-2005, 04:00 AM by Kenji.
Keith the Elder   01-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Kenji Wrote:I found out information about Japanese edition's title of The HOSTS. The title is....

始末屋ジャック;見えない敵

How to read? This is "Shimatsuya Jack;Mienai Teki"
This meaning is "Repairman Jack;Unseen Enemy"

Woooow! What a cool title! I like it! Smile

I hope you post the copy of the cover, the others were awesome!!!

Keith the elder
Kenji   01-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:I hope you post the copy of the cover, the others were awesome!!!

Keith the elder

Oh,yes! Of course I will. Look forward to it, Keith. Smile
Kenji   01-08-2005, 06:34 AM
I found out information about price.

...Vol.1....960yen
+ Vol.2....960yen
...........1,920yen

$1.00....about 104yen

So...the price is $18.46.

What do you think about this price? Expensive? Low price? Of course, I buy both of them anyway. Cool
fpw   01-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Kenji Wrote:So...the price is $18.46.

What do you think about this price? Expensive? Low price? Of course, I buy both of them anyway.

Pretty steep for a paperback. (By anyone else, that is.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   01-08-2005, 09:41 AM
fpw Wrote:Pretty steep for a paperback. (By anyone else, that is.)

Do you really think so? Hmm.......if you say so, surely it's expensive. But about the price, I can't do anything. Trust me, Paul. To me, RJ books and your other books are part of my life. Even if book's price is expensive, I buy them. By anyone else, that is. Wink
This post was last modified: 01-08-2005, 09:45 AM by Kenji.
Kenji   01-08-2005, 11:18 AM
fpw Wrote:Pretty steep for a paperback. (By anyone else, that is.)

By the way, this is not your book, but you said "Pretty steep"......well, how about this?

This is Heinlein's book. Price is 1470yen(One book). It's $14.13. This price is most expensive in one paperback. Just only one book!
fpw   01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Kenji Wrote:This is Heinlein's book. Price is 1470yen(One book). It's $14.13. This price is most expensive in one paperback. Just only one book!

SiaSL is one novel -- and a long one at that -- in one volume. Despite the 2 volumes, Hosts is still just one novel. Granted, it's newer, but you're paying almost 30% more. (Hmmm...maybe I should ask Fusosha for a 30%-higher advance.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   01-08-2005, 09:26 PM
fpw Wrote:SiaSL is one novel -- and a long one at that -- in one volume. Despite the 2 volumes, Hosts is still just one novel. Granted, it's newer, but you're paying almost 30% more. (Hmmm...maybe I should ask Fusosha for a 30%-higher advance.)

You should! Big Grin

But if you ask Fusosha for a 30%, maybe they will refuse your books. That's bad situation to Japanese fans. Hmmm......well, Japan has many publishers. How about Shinchosha or Bungei Shunju? They are very brisk publishers in Japan. They are making hardcover books. And they are working hard for publicity. I recommend Shinchosha or Bungei Shunju. 

But don't offer you books to Academy Shuppan. Their translation is WORST! I think everybody say so.