Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   12-20-2004, 03:43 AM
***MORE SPOILERS****

jimbow8 Wrote:SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Is that a secret? I thought it was known that Dalt was in the Tery, even though I have not read the Tery. Healer is the only LaNague book that I have read so far.

I would imagine it could be a secret for those who may be new to FPW and who may not have read "The Tery" or "Healer." They may not be familiar with those story lines.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   12-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Spoiler!!!!!

Spoiler!!!!!!!!!

I always thought it was because Dalt disguised his name in the Terry and you don't find out it's him till about three quarters of the way through the book.

KRW
APhew   12-20-2004, 05:34 PM
KRW Wrote:Spoiler!!!!!

Spoiler!!!!!!!!!

I always thought it was because Dalt disguised his name in the Terry and you don't find out it's him till about three quarters of the way through the book.

KRW

That's what I based my guess on. If you had read through "Healer" and then read "the Tery", it would be a big revelation.
Scott Hajek   12-20-2004, 06:11 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Is that a secret? I thought it was known that Dalt was in the Tery, even though I have not read the Tery. Healer is the only LaNague book that I have read so far.

Well, Jim, get busy. Read them all. They're all great books. "Wheels within Wheels" is one of my favorites.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Maggers   12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
APhew Wrote:That's what I based my guess on. If you had read through "Healer" and then read "the Tery", it would be a big revelation.

I think I read them in the reverse order, "The Tery" first and then "Healer." I figured it out, either way.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   12-20-2004, 07:00 PM
fpw Wrote:Which should be subtitled, "Watch Wilson Learn to Write."

I just finished Soft an Others. It was great! You have come along ways since then but I don't see anything to put down in any of the books and stories you've written. Lippedleggen, Soft and Menage a Trois were my favorites.
And I'm glad you didn't tone-down Cuts, That was the best revenge story I've read. Reminded me alot of The Tenth Toe!

KRW
Maggers   12-21-2004, 01:54 AM
KRW Wrote:I just finished Soft an Others. It was great! ....And I'm glad you didn't tone-down Cuts, That was the best revenge story I've read...KRW

*******SOME SPOILER ALERTS *******

****SPOILER************

I also just finished SOFT AND OTHERS. Great stuff, much of which had mentions of .... Monroe! I alerted the Compendium Committee; they probably are already aware of the connections.

FPW, I was wondering about "Cuts." How much of the anger felt by the book author, Franklin (Francis???), was based on what you may have felt around the treatment of "The Keep" by director Michael Mann?

I was also struck the the description of Franklin:

"He had a big nose, a small chin, and a big adam's apple - Milo had noticed on their first meeting two years ago that he could slant a perfectly straight line along the tips of those three protuberances. A moderate overbite did not help the picture."

In the hardcover edition that I have, there is a picture of you that I'd not seen before. (You look really cute, too!) But it does show a largish nose, a smallish chin, and a big adam's apple.

Any connection?

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   12-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Maggers Wrote:*******SOME SPOILER ALERTS *******

****SPOILER************

I also just finished SOFT AND OTHERS. Great stuff, much of which had mentions of .... Monroe! I alerted the Compendium Committee; they probably are already aware of the connections.

FPW, I was wondering about "Cuts." How much of the anger felt by the book author, Franklin (Francis???), was based on what you may have felt around the treatment of "The Keep" by director Michael Mann?

I was also struck the the description of Franklin:

"He had a big nose, a small chin, and a big adam's apple - Milo had noticed on their first meeting two years ago that he could slant a perfectly straight line along the tips of those three protuberances. A moderate overbite did not help the picture."

In the hardcover edition that I have, there is a picture of you that I'd not seen before. (You look really cute, too!) But it does show a largish nose, a smallish chin, and a big adam's apple.

Any connection?

The way I see it, Michael Mann. Milo Gherl. Mann=man. Mann=Gherl. Gherl=Girl! Mann=Girl! Or something to that effect! Crazy ravings, I always get this way with KFC. Big Grin

KRW
fpw   12-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Maggers Wrote:I was also struck the the description of Franklin:

Pure coincidence.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Biggles   12-22-2004, 02:42 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Is that a secret? I thought it was known that Dalt was in the Tery, even though I have not read the Tery. Healer is the only LaNague book that I have read so far.

It's not a secret, but you don't know who it is until later in the book.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (2):    1 2