RepairmanJack.com Forums
To Fill the Sea and Air - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: To Fill the Sea and Air (/thread-544.html)

Pages: 1 2

To Fill the Sea and Air - Maggers - 12-19-2004

I'm reading "The Soft and Others," and, naturally, it's great and I'm loving it.

I have a question. I've read "To Fill the Sea and Air" somewhere else. Where? I can't figure it out. Anybody have a clue? :confused:

To Fill the Sea and Air - flyboy707 - 12-19-2004

Maggers Wrote:I'm reading "The Soft and Others," and, naturally, it's great and I'm loving it.

I have a question. I've read "To Fill the Sea and Air" somewhere else. Where? I can't figure it out. Anybody have a clue? :confused:

I first read it when I obtained a mint copy of "Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine" (1979, I think). I believe that is when it first appeared. I am not home, so I don't have access to my collection to be 100% certain. Also, this short story was included in the book "Healer", so you may be recalling it from reading that. If you haven't read "Healer", it is definitely worth the read.

flyboy707 Wrote:I first read it when I obtained a mint copy of "Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine" (1979, I think). I believe that is when it first appeared. I am not home, so I don't have access to my collection to be 100% certain. Also, this short story was included in the book "Healer", so you may be recalling it from reading that. If you haven't read "Healer", it is definitely worth the read.

I almost went back to edit my query to mention that I somehow connect "To Fill the Sea and Air" with "Healer." LOL. Now I know why I made that connection!

"Healer" is wonderful and I'd love to see more of Dalt.

Thanks!

To Fill the Sea and Air - fpw - 12-19-2004

Maggers Wrote:"Healer" is wonderful and I'd love to see more of Dalt.

He's a major character in another of my SF novels (which receives passing mention in Healer), but I won't say which because you're not supposed to know it's him.

To Fill the Sea and Air - fpw - 12-19-2004

Maggers Wrote:I'm reading "The Soft and Others,"

Which should be subtitled, "Watch Wilson Learn to Write."

fpw Wrote:Which should be subtitled, "Watch Wilson Learn to Write."

If, by reading it, I can learn anything about how you do it, it would be worth it for that alone! I've yet to read anything you've written that doesn't satisfy, let alone thrill.

Stored away in an attic or basement, I bet you've got stuff you've written going back to grammar school or high school. Now THAT would be fun to see!

To Fill the Sea and Air - flyboy707 - 12-19-2004

fpw Wrote:He's a major character in another of my SF novels (which receives passing mention in Healer), but I won't say which because you're not supposed to know it's him.

Arrrrrgghhhh !!! Now I have to add this to my notes and make that connection for the compendium! Wink

To Fill the Sea and Air - APhew - 12-20-2004

flyboy707 Wrote:Arrrrrgghhhh !!! Now I have to add this to my notes and make that connection for the compendium! Wink

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

*Cough* The Tery *Cough* (at least I think this is what he's talking about)

To Fill the Sea and Air - Maggers - 12-20-2004

******SPOILER*******

*****SPOILER WARNING****

APhew Wrote:SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Man oh man! I should trust my instincts. I KNEW it was "The Tery" and I even wrote the darn post and then said, no, what if I'm wrong? So I deleted it.

Trust your gut. It never leads you wrong.

To Fill the Sea and Air - jimbow8 - 12-20-2004

APhew Wrote:SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Is that a secret? I thought it was known that Dalt was in the Tery, even though I have not read the Tery. Healer is the only LaNague book that I have read so far.