tosainu   04-09-2015, 02:02 PM
Hello All, I have read the majority of F. Paul Wilson's books and loved them all except for Hosts. That book...just didn't fit the tone/pace/storyline/arc of the RJ series. Now, I have a question... just what where the 7 Infernal , and what did they do?

1) Infernal - Spinning ball takes you to a new location/world (his brother Tom, in redeeming himself, is transported to wherever)
2) Infernal Night - the bracelet that allows you to hear other thoughts.

What are the others?????
Damin J. Toell   04-09-2015, 11:04 PM
I think the one in the short story "The Cleaning Machine" is one of them.
rjack_fan   04-10-2015, 12:58 AM
As far as I know this is the most up to date list posted, though it seems an official updated list might be in order...

Quote:[INDENT]How many do we have now? If I recall...

The Lilitongue of Gefreda
The cleaning machine
Jacob Prather's Mystery Machine (Oz's Device)
The mini Tesla tower in Conspiracies

That leaves 3 more. Or did I miss one?
[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Last edited by fpw; 08-05-2010 at 08:00 AM.[/INDENT]
tosainu   04-10-2015, 09:37 AM
The Lilitongue of Gefreda - Transport device to presumably the Otherness
The Cleaning Machine -- never heard of it
Jacob Prather's Mystery Machine (Oz's Device) - I recall this... but what did it do?
The Mini Tesla Tower in Conspiracies - Opens doorway to the Otherness
Bracelet in Infernal Night – hears thoughts

What else?
fpw   04-10-2015, 09:51 AM
tosainu Wrote:What else?

At this point, only Srem knows. The complete list is somewhere in her Compendium, but just try and find it. (The Cleaning Machine is from the story of the same name.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
tosainu   04-10-2015, 01:47 PM
Actually, I thought of one more: The device that was killing the renegade members of the Septimus Order. It was in... the Early Years, but I can't recall which one.
JBK   09-29-2019, 09:13 PM
tosainu Wrote:Actually, I thought of one more: The device that was killing the renegade members of the Septimus Order. It was in... the Early Years, but I can't recall which one.

Did you ever track this down or get an answer from Paul?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fpw   09-30-2019, 12:42 PM
This rings no bells for me.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.