Pages (2): 1 2   
Jamo   02-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Hey guys,

Long time no see!
I just finished Fear City, greeeeat book! But I forgot how brutal some scenes could be in the books, hui. That Living Hell shit is really frightening... But also an ''interesting'' idea, what a torture that must be... Do people know of real life experiences? Is this sort of a "known" procedure? How long can people still live like that? I'm thinking about that stuff quite often at the moment, and every time I'm shaking :eek:

Sad it's now over, but I just realized I still can read the Young Adult ones, haven't done that yet.

But all that was not part of my question, this just came out when I started this thread :p

It's really a very long time ago since I read the first RJ books like Legacies etc., so I must admit I forgot a lot and should probably read those books again and perhaps my question is stupid. But in Fear City I was hoping to learn how Jack meets Gia. When I ended the book I was (and still am) a little disappointed. So, did I forget that stuff? Do I have to re-red the old books (ofc I have to, dumb question Big Grin)?

Thanks guys and Paul for those great great books!

A warm greeting from Hamburg,
Manuel

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on www.manufolio.de
fpw   02-04-2015, 09:55 AM
I thought I covered that (glancingly) in Die Grab. Anyway, he met Gia later, via Burkes, who knew the Westphalen sisters via the UN.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jamo   02-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Thanks for your reply Paul. I really can't remember, damn. I'll read it again Wink

btw, everybody hates german for that, but it's "Das Grab" Tongue

Manuel

"Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
(Gentleman)

fpw   02-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Wait...I should have checked my shelf. The spine of the German edition says Die Gruft.
This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 11:51 AM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jamo   02-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Oh well, yea. "Die Gruft" ofc is the correct phrase, damn. Tomb means both, Gruft and Grab, so I just translated now without taking into account the title of the book Big Grin
This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 10:33 AM by Jamo.

(Gentleman)

pzazzme   02-04-2017, 04:02 AM
I agree with the living hell thing. Brings chills to even think about it. Dr. Wilson, is this proceedure really possible?
fpw   02-05-2017, 10:35 AM
I don't see why not. :heh:

FPW
FAQ
pzazzme   02-26-2017, 12:45 AM
Ok, the GIF with the evil grin isn't at all disturbing..........thanks (I think!) for the reply!
Jayrox_ca   10-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Jamo Wrote:Hey guys,

Long time no see!
I just finished Fear City, greeeeat book! But I forgot how brutal some scenes could be in the books, hui. That Living Hell shit is really frightening... But also an ''interesting'' idea, what a torture that must be... Do people know of real life experiences? Is this sort of a "known" procedure? How long can people still live like that? I'm thinking about that stuff quite often at the moment, and every time I'm shaking :eek:

Sad it's now over, but I just realized I still can read the Young Adult ones, haven't done that yet.

Manuel

The IV procedure bears a striking resemblance to what the monks in Kakureta Kao do in Black Wind. If you haven't read this book yet you are in for a treat.

Just finished reading the Young Jack novels again and Jack's Early Years adventures, both great for your jack fix and filling in some cool back story.
Entenmann's Enthusiast   10-20-2020, 03:56 PM
Just finished this book last night. What a great ending to the Early Years Trilogy.

Jamo mentioned this earlier, but the Doctor has really outdone himself with the Infernum Vitae. It's exceedingly rare that an author can make me just stare at the page in horror thinking, ".....what...the...hell?" Truly some next level stuff.
Pages (2): 1 2