Pages (2): 1 2   
enadmit   10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
I have really enjoyed Blake Crouchs' Wayward Pines books. Am I safe in assuming this story is set in that same town in Idaho??:confused:
swandy   10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
This is what I was wondering. I read the first novel "Pines" and have the second "Wayward" waiting. I found Mr. Wilson's book by accident when a similar novella by Blake Crouch "Alone" came up. I believe that Crouch "licensed" his town to Kindle Worlds (there are several serials there) and anyone is allowed to write about it. I was surprised to see that two know novelists that I really like decided to play in Mr. Crouch's town. Very interesting to see their take on it. (Again - this is all assuming that these stories are all actually interconnected - any answer from Mr. Wilson would be appreciated.)
fpw   10-31-2013, 04:25 AM
yep. "The Widow Lindley" takes place between Pines and Wayward. Blake and I go way back and he asked me if I'd like to write a story set in his fictional world. I really like the novels and so I agreed. If you like my writing and like Blake's world, I think you'll love this story. (Wayward Pines will be a TV series starring Matt Dillon next year.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
swandy   10-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Oops - your are right. Blake Crouch wrote the original novels Pines and Wayward. What I meant is I was surprised when I saw that Brett Battles (another author I like - his Cleaner series is great) wrote a novella called "Alone" in the Wayward Pines world. That is how I found about "The Widow Lindley".
Scott Miller   10-31-2013, 05:08 PM
swandy Wrote:Oops - your are right. Blake Crouch wrote the original novels Pines and Wayward. What I meant is I was surprised when I saw that Brett Battles (another author I like - his Cleaner series is great) wrote a novella called "Alone" in the Wayward Pines world. That is how I found about "The Widow Lindley".

These thriller writers have become downright incestuous...but in a good way. There seems to be a rallying cry amongst them and it appears as though they've become quite united in their efforts. I see it as a real positive personally.

I like the Cleaner books, at least the first three, as well.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
enadmit   11-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Just read The Widow. A GREAT addition the the Wayward Pines world. I now have a huge crush on Karla.
Great story!!!
This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 12:44 PM by enadmit.
Dave F   11-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Great novella, I've never read any of the Weyward Pines before. Something I will be rectifying.

The artist formally known as Britfan
maibusch   11-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Any chance of Widow Lindley coming out in a printed form? I don't do kindle. I just got my copies of the Hogben Chronicles and A Necessary End, and I am looking forward to getting through those.
fpw   11-26-2013, 07:52 PM
maibusch Wrote:Any chance of Widow Lindley coming out in a printed form? I don't do kindle. I just got my copies of the Hogben Chronicles and A Necessary End, and I am looking forward to getting through those.

Sorry. There's a reason it's called "Kindle Worlds." You can read Kindle stories on your computer. (Maybe if I ever do another collection, I'll be able to include "Lindley" but right now Amazon commissioned the story and they're in control for the time being.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
sunspot   12-19-2013, 12:09 AM
Darn it. Spent more money. I'm looking forward to reading this book.
Pages (2): 1 2