Pages (8):    1 3 4 5 6 7 8   
The Mad American   02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:In the books he goes a bit nutty, but he restrains himself to having conversations on a phone. I haven't read the comic in a while, so maybe he falls apart in more significant ways later on.
If they stick to the source material he does kind of fall apart. Well, he parts with some stuff, not by choice, but...ah I will shut up now.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

LolaRennt   02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
If you mean what I think you mean - nice play on words. If not, I'll shut up now.

Why do I always do this to myself???
The Mad American   02-11-2013, 03:28 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:If you mean what I think you mean - nice play on words. If not, I'll shut up now.
I probably meant what you think I meant. Smile

~ Red Buttons

cobalt   02-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Huh, I haven't read the comics. Sounds like Rick is gonna have a bigger problem than seeing things.

EWMAN
LolaRennt   02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh the temptation to engage in more word play...

Why do I always do this to myself???
Brian   02-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Don't spoil it for her or me. I get all sorts of benefits from attempts at info. LOL

There is no wise man without fault
PicardRex   02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
The Mad American Wrote:If they stick to the source material he does kind of fall apart. Well, he parts with some stuff, not by choice, but...ah I will shut up now.

If you are referring to what I think you mean, they have already said thats not going to happen. That Kirkman as a matter of fact regrets doing it in the comic and would not want to make the same mistake on the show.
The Mad American   02-12-2013, 03:25 PM
PicardRex Wrote:If you are referring to what I think you mean, they have already said thats not going to happen. That Kirkman as a matter of fact regrets doing it in the comic and would not want to make the same mistake on the show.
Kind of sorry to hear that to be honest. So far it seems they have really sanitized the Governor in comparison to what he was in the comics. Still the series is enjoyable and I am not complaining, I was happy to see Tyrese finally show up and hope they use his character close to what it was in the comics.

~ Red Buttons

PicardRex   02-13-2013, 02:37 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Kind of sorry to hear that to be honest. So far it seems they have really sanitized the Governor in comparison to what he was in the comics. Still the series is enjoyable and I am not complaining, I was happy to see Tyrese finally show up and hope they use his character close to what it was in the comics.

Yeah me too. If I remember correctly, he said it was a logistics problem. He would think of good stories for Rick and then realize because of what happened he couldn't use Rick without changing things around, which changed the nature of the story. And I agree completely, the Governor is nowhere near as bad as he should be, I hate Andrea more than him and long for her death as I did Lori's.

I am glad to see Rick become more like his comic book self, he was way too much of a pushover before. And it would be nice if they kept Tyrese around, especially if he turns out like comic Tyrese.
Brian   02-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Add another vote for the comic version of Tyrese.

There is no wise man without fault
Pages (8):    1 3 4 5 6 7 8