Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Bruj   05-30-2012, 01:34 PM
So I just got my copy of new Definitive Edition of Nightworld in from Amazon. Weird thing, I took the slipcase off of the book, only to find, that the spine, is upside down. ToR logo is at the top of the spine and upside down, and usual billing and name of book from bottom to top "Nightworld" F. Paul Wilson"

anyone else have this? or was this just one of those printing mistakes? because if so, AWESOME!

Bruj
Medusa   05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I've never had it happen with any of Paul's book but I have had it happen on some other books I have bought. On mine, the page edges weren't edge aligned either.
Bruj Wrote:So I just got my copy of new Definitive Edition of Nightworld in from Amazon. Weird thing, I took the slipcase off of the book, only to find, that the spine, is upside down. ToR logo is at the top of the spine and upside down, and usual billing and name of book from bottom to top "Nightworld" F. Paul Wilson"

anyone else have this? or was this just one of those printing mistakes? because if so, AWESOME!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Bruj   05-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Im actually quite happy with a mistake of this caliber. Tells me I must someday have FPW sign it for me. heh

Bruj
Scott Miller   05-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Bruj Wrote:So I just got my copy of new Definitive Edition of Nightworld in from Amazon. Weird thing, I took the slipcase off of the book, only to find, that the spine, is upside down. ToR logo is at the top of the spine and upside down, and usual billing and name of book from bottom to top "Nightworld" F. Paul Wilson"

That is a pretty cool mistake as mistakes go and if mine and Medusa's are any indication, a unique one as well.

So a couple of little things about the definitive edition: first is I don't believe that there was a WFPW radio station in the first edition(I'm fully prepared to be wrong on that but am fairly certain) and second is that is[SPOILER]Alan's death is still one of the saddest things I've ever read.[/SPOILER]
This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 04:34 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bruj   05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Curious, the first show spoiler button in your post, shows nothing?

Bruj
Scott Miller   05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Bruj Wrote:Curious, the first show spoiler button in your post, shows nothing?

A mistake that I forgot to correct(this was my first use of the official spoiler device).

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Bruj   05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
ah ok i see.

Bruj
cobalt   05-30-2012, 04:42 PM
The radio station's call letters...... WFPW wasn't in the first Nightworld, but was in the second revised edition.

EWMAN
Bruj   05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
btw, has anyone heard if Borderlands Press is going to do another set like the last one with the new revised Nightworld in it? I doubt they would, but I figure if anyone would know, you all might. I have the last set, and its beautiful on my shelf. Never would I have though before the age of 30 that I would have bought a set of books, to never read. (have paperbacks and other editions that i read through every year, but those are sacrosanct to me

Bruj
ambershadow   05-30-2012, 08:11 PM
all I can say is wow!! I fell in love with the Keep and then read some others but when someone gave me a repair man Jack book I was hooked. This was a fitting finally to the secret histories . Thank you Dr. Wilson.
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6