Pages (2):    1 2
Alaric88   03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
scrappyblue Wrote:I think Michael Hall from Dexter would make a great Jack ... he's got that normal guy, blend-in-ability look. I'd hate to see all the work go into a Repairman Jack movie with someone who just doesn't fit the bill. Like with the One Shot movie from the Lee Child book, they're using Tom Cruise as Reacher and he is so NOT Reacher it's ridiculous.

He would make a great Jack, I can't believe I never thought of him before

Edit: and John Leguizamo as Julio would be a good fit

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQltDXcqCC7fLZ2MUtvyJp...d2d6EFKIjG][Image: rWZjS.gif]
tommyterrible   04-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Jack is supposed to look average yet can get intense when he has to so I think Jim Caviezel (The Count of Monte Cristo, Frequency) would be my first choice...and he can act!
This post was last modified: 04-08-2012, 11:20 PM by tommyterrible.
BK Akitas   04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
has the prior actor's agreement been cancelled or rescinded? I'm not really running in those circles anymore so I wouldn't know

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Alaric88   04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
tommyterrible Wrote:Jack is supposed to look average yet can get intense when he has to so I think Jim Caviezel (The Count of Monte Cristo, Frequency) would be my first choice...and he can act!
I feel like I've read this post three times
BK Akitas Wrote:has the prior actor's agreement been cancelled or rescinded? I'm not really running in those circles anymore so I wouldn't know
The last I had heard was Ryan Reynolds but that was a while back

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQltDXcqCC7fLZ2MUtvyJp...d2d6EFKIjG][Image: rWZjS.gif]
BK Akitas   04-13-2012, 02:29 PM
catching up with the board after a long absence (missed you guys, but life calls!) I think Tommy must be Caviezel's agent....

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
414   04-14-2012, 04:34 AM
I do see Dexter as a parallel to RJ. Running on a razor's edge, righting the oh so wrong. I do enjoy him, he is such a cut-up.

The wonderful Gene Hackman, from his early years was a contender for the ultimate RJ, but Gene enjoyed playing the villian so much, you forget the "good" rough guys he played.
Dave618   04-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Hi everybody! New here to the site, and RJ in general. I've only read The Tomb and Legacies, so in no way will I pretend to be an expert on F. Paul Wilson or RJ, not at this stage of the game.

That said: I really hope, if the film comes to fruition, they pick a "normal" looking guy to play Jack. Maybe even an unknown. FPW stresses his "normal" looks and his ability to blend effortlessly into crowds. I don't feel some of the choices I'm hearing could accomplish that.

Also, one of the things I like about RJ is his quirkiness. The fact that he's kind of a geek with the stuff he collects is endearing to me. I see myself in that and many of my friends, male and female, so I hope they don't transform Jack into some sort of ultra-cool, suave, ladies man--that's not the Jack I've come to know.

Hollywood being what it is, we may see The Rock playing RJ with J-Lo playing Gia, and instead of the Rakoshi, he'll have to kill a cadre of Special Ops assassins with his bare hands to save Vicky. All without breaking a sweat.
Pages (2):    1 2