Medusa   09-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I just saw Man on Fire for the first time and loved it! I looked up the IMDB trivia on it and saw that it was based on a book with the same title by A.J. Quinnell. Looking further on Amazon and Ebay I've found that this guy wrote 5 books based on Man on Fire's Creasy character. I can get Man on Fire on Ebay or Amazon but the other 4 are very hard to find. Has anyone else read any of these books? I'm wondering if they are good enough to try to keep searching for.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
PicardRex   09-10-2011, 01:15 PM
I've read the first two, Man on Fire and The Perfect Kill, both are pretty good, I still prefer Man on Fire, as The Perfect Kill is about him training a younger generation sort of deal. Though they are both quick reads, they were pretty entertaining.

Good luck trying to get ahold of books 3-5, I can't find them anywhere cheaper than like $30 for a paperback, and while they are good, I am not sure I want to pay that. It took a long time for The Perfect Kill to drop in price, when I first started looking it was like $25, finally found it for $5, had to get it from England though. I guess the problem, barring Man on Fire, is that they have been out of print for sometime and nobody connects the movie with the book, much less a series of books.
Alaric88   09-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Only read two of his books, man on fire was one of them. A good author, he publishes under a pseudonym, his real name is Philip Nicholson.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQltDXcqCC7fLZ2MUtvyJp...d2d6EFKIjG][Image: rWZjS.gif]