Pages (8):    1 3 4 5 6 7 8   
Tony H   05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
joelfinkle Wrote:Peter Weir to direct The Keep!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55899

Alas, no, not our glorious host's story, it's a 2006 novel by Jennifer Egan.
Yes, it's supernatural, no, I don't think it involves eternal struggles of good and eeeeeevil.

Not the same "The Keep" alas. Completely different book.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
JSWolf   05-24-2012, 10:59 PM
I didn't know there was a movie of The Keep until reading this thread.
Tony H   05-25-2012, 09:18 AM
JSWolf Wrote:I didn't know there was a movie of The Keep until reading this thread.

I feel responsible for introducing you to it then. My apologies in advance.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
cobalt   05-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Tony H Wrote:I feel responsible for introducing you to it then. My apologies in advance.

Well....some of us like the movie. Is it a great movie? No, but I've seen worse.

EWMAN
Tony H   05-25-2012, 09:41 AM
cobalt Wrote:Well....some of us like the movie. Is it a great movie? No, but I've seen worse.

Did you see the movie first then read the book? For most people who like the movie, that is the case. I read the book first then saw the film and saw how horribly the source material was butchered. I can see that if you saw the film first it wouldn't seem as bad as you had no source to compare it to.

That makes me better than you. :p

Certified 100% Serious
cobalt   05-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Tony H Wrote:Did you see the movie first then read the book? For most people who like the movie, that is the case. I read the book first then saw the film and saw how horribly the source material was butchered. I can see that if you saw the film first it wouldn't seem as bad as you had no source to compare it to.

Yes, I saw the movie first....then sought out the book....and became a fan for life.

Quote:That makes me better than you. :p

pffft......Sez you. Smile

EWMAN
Alaric88   05-25-2012, 05:37 PM
isn't there an audio of commentary by fpw that you play while watching the movie?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQltDXcqCC7fLZ2MUtvyJp...d2d6EFKIjG][Image: rWZjS.gif]
Tony H   05-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Alaric88 Wrote:isn't there an audio of commentary by fpw that you play while watching the movie?

Paul recorded a commentary called "Dude, Where's My Book" that was supposed to be released to coincided with Paramount's DVD release. That DVD release never happened so the audio commentary hasn't been made available yet. One day...one day.

Certified 100% Serious
BK Akitas   06-01-2012, 05:18 PM
^ I've heard it. Smile cracked me up.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
tpfister   06-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Are you kidding the keep was a masterpiece of total crap - I actually saw the movie before I read the book, so that theory is
Blown out the window as well. If you watch the movie and have never read the source material it is ok - but once the can
Has been opened you can never look back at it again without pain. Ignorance is bliss I believe the saying is so I try not to
Think too hard about the movie.
Pages (8):    1 3 4 5 6 7 8