Pages (10):    1 3 4 5 6 7 10   
turk mcgurk   10-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Okay, havent been on here cuz i didnt want ant spoilers for tdate. Now that ive finished this is the first thread ive read and... u guys are echoing my thoughts exactly. Jack vs R was incredible, but the rest did feel rushed. and it was kinda short. so my question now is, how long of a book is nightworld? If it needs to be jack-centric ( good word by the way ) and has many characters from the secret history, i hope its like a friggin encyclopedia!

Also I have not yet read reprisal, is that the north carolina incident mentioned multiple times in tdate?

I definetly am not satisfied... not with the book itself, just with the unexpected little amount of closure.
Blake   10-20-2011, 06:19 PM
turk mcgurk Wrote:Also I have not yet read reprisal, is that the north carolina incident mentioned multiple times in tdate?

Yes. It's also referenced at the end of FATAL ERROR (when Rasalom tells Drexler why he's not going to kill him). And it's the reason for Mr. Osala's frequent absences, his change in appearance (younger, darker complexion, smaller), etc.

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Pleiades   10-20-2011, 09:24 PM
As someone else said - I was also wondering about P. Frank Winslow, but I guess his role was played out. He wasn't that useful since he only saw things after they happened.

Was the line "wonderful ice cream suit" a nod to the Ray Bradbury short story? Or just a coincidence - wait there are no coincidences!

I guess it was ironic that Rasalom was saved by a lady with a dog!

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Pleiades   10-20-2011, 10:14 PM
I was wondering if the Kakureta Kao Seer's vision in By the Sword was fulfilled. Wasn't the child supposed to wield the sword? I had to look up the exact wording: "The blade and the child are together now and will be again in the future". I guess they were definitely together, at least for a while.

Well, time to start the second reading of The Dark..., then in keeping with my routine, I go back to The Tomb and read the whole series again. Kind of puts everything all together for the full effect.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Sev   10-22-2011, 05:48 PM
. . . saved by a woman with a dog . . .

Never occured to me . . . ouch!
Sev   10-22-2011, 05:50 PM
This might sound dumb, but I would definitely buy a copy of Rakshasa! by P Frank Winslow. Not a series of them, but just the first one.

That would be too much fun!

Sev
L Paul Wynn   10-22-2011, 07:37 PM
I Think that P. Frank Winslow was merely an homage to the way Alfred Hitchcock always seem to make an appearance in his films.
Scott Miller   10-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow. You are an awful bastard.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Monquito   10-24-2011, 02:35 AM
longbowhunter Wrote:Where were the Yenciri and the Occulus? [...] Why did they drive the Lady out to the pyramid in Johnson only to have her come right back?

I was wondering all this too.

Hell of a read, but felt somewhat incomplete in the tieing-things-up department
Scott Miller   10-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Wow. You are an awful bastard.

I should probably add that I mean that in the finest sense.

For my money, Rasalom is the finest villian ever created and he was particularly vile in this one(I loved his expanded role).

Overall it was an excellent conclusion to the series. As many have mentioned, the showdown at the house was spectacular(an instant classic)but I also loved the night in the lodge scene.

I didn't mind at all that the Occulus and Yeniceri weren't fully explained-I'm sure he has an explanation but couldn't work it in without detracting from the streamline.

My hat is off.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (10):    1 3 4 5 6 7 10