Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10   
Damin J. Toell   09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:I am curious about what R did in the ally near the brownstone when he took the black box with him, when he was being driven around after he returned from the house explosion.

I'm thinking that this was when he took the Gaijin Masamune.
Dave   09-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:I'm thinking that this was when he took the Gaijin Masamune.
Same thoughts here. The alley was by Jack's apartment.
Sev   10-14-2011, 01:47 AM
I don't recall which, but in a recent book Jack returned to his apartment and something felt 'wrong' about it. Jack searched and examined but could find nothing to indicate a break-in so he attributed it to his being exhausted. Maybe that was when R altered the book.

The thing that had been bugging me to death was that NO ONE was worried about how the book suddenly started misbehaving. They all bitched about it being a hassle, but it did not seem to *concern* them any. The thing worked fine for 15000 years? Suddenly it's not working right? Really?

If Eddie had been brought in on things sooner, maybe his analytical, actuarial, risk assessing mode of thinking would have hit on the true odds of the book failing at the exact time when it was most needed.

Anyway . . . WOW.

Stupid sword.

Sev
This post was last modified: 10-14-2011, 01:49 AM by Sev.
Sev   10-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi guys.

Ya know what is the most stunning thing about Dark at the End?

There's no . . . anticipation of the next installment. I know Nightworld is coming, and the "intermediate" Jack books, but wow.

Up until tonight I (we. . .) always knew there would be another one coming with new fixes, new Otherness things to cringe over.

Since my then-roommate talked me into trying Legacies . . .

It probably seems strange to some of you to go into a small mourning over a book series, but there it is. Anyone else?

Oh, and Paul? No other author has EVER affected me this way before. . .

Sev
GCBurner   10-15-2011, 12:03 AM
It was quite a ride, another one that got read all in one sitting. It's been a long time since I originally read Nightworld, but I'm putting off rereading it until the final revised version comes out.
somevelvetmorning   10-15-2011, 01:56 AM
I liked it, I really did, but am still confused about the disappearance of the harbingers characters ..and sort of disappointed about the lack of any real answers about tom...and for some reason I though Abe might have a more direct role.
Medusa   10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I finished it about 20 minutes ago. Wow! I knew we'd have to lose Eddie, Weezy and the Lady and I kept waiting for it. I actually liked how fast everything moved at the end. I think I'll read my old Nightword and then wait for the revised one to read it again.
Although I was also confused as to where Rasalom got the sword. I remember Jack brought it to show Glaeken but I don't remember what was done with it afterwards.
I loved the book, it was worth the wait!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
longbowhunter   10-16-2011, 02:02 PM
OK....this is hard for me to say but....I wasnt satisfied. This book was supposed to be the wrap-up of everything thats been going on in the last couple of novels and....unless NIGHTWORLD is being re-written to be much more Jack-centric,this was just too rushed and left too many plot holes. Where were the Yenciri and the Occulus? When did R get to the book and how did he fix it to always open on that page? How did R get the sword? Whats going on with Hank and the Kickers? Why did they drive the Lady out to the pyramid in Johnson only to have her come right back? And why didnt she just take the baby back to the pyramid and name him there? Definitely feeling some frustration here....but the scene where Jacks pingpongs R around an exploding kitchen ALMOST makes up for it!!!

Hiyo Goddamn Silver!!!!
Scott Miller   10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
I'll be joining this thread soon as my copy arrove yesterday and i've got an entire morning with nothing terribly pressing so opportunity is meeting chance for me.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
The Mad American   10-19-2011, 02:54 PM
longbowhunter Wrote:OK....this is hard for me to say but....I wasnt satisfied. This book was supposed to be the wrap-up of everything thats been going on in the last couple of novels and....unless NIGHTWORLD is being re-written to be much more Jack-centric,this was just too rushed and left too many plot holes. Where were the Yenciri and the Occulus? When did R get to the book and how did he fix it to always open on that page? How did R get the sword? Whats going on with Hank and the Kickers? Why did they drive the Lady out to the pyramid in Johnson only to have her come right back? And why didnt she just take the baby back to the pyramid and name him there? Definitely feeling some frustration here....but the scene where Jacks pingpongs R around an exploding kitchen ALMOST makes up for it!!!

What happened to P. Frank Winslow? I am still very excited to read the revised Nightworld. I have only read the original so the revised version that comes out next year will be the first revised version I read.

The attack on R was by far the best part of TDATE. And the sudden and violent ending of Eddie, Weezy and the Lady was great but I kind of had the same feelings.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (10):    1 2 3 4 5 10