Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8   
Lisa   07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm currently watching this series through for the third time, and it struck me that it gets better with rewatching, a rare thing for TV comedy. There's a ton of stuff they sneak in there that you can't possibly catch without multiple viewings. They will, for example, make jokes about things that haven't happened yet on the show, so it's about ten times funnier when you catch it the second or third time around. The show also has dozens of sight gags that you would never notice until you've watched it at least a few times.

I would say the downfall of this series (besides Fox shuffling it around and putting it on random hiatus, because Fox is sucky) was the fact that the humor builds throughout the series, so that each episode is ten times funnier if you've seen the one before it. A casual viewer would probably not find it very funny at all because you really, really need to pay attention and watch the episodes in order. This is de rigeur with continuing dramas, but not so much with comedy.

I honestly think this is one of the smartest TV shows ever produced. It's a shame it didn't last a little longer.
Tony H   07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Lisa Wrote:I'm currently watching this series through for the third time, and it struck me that it gets better with rewatching, a rare thing for TV comedy. There's a ton of stuff they sneak in there that you can't possibly catch without multiple viewings. They will, for example, make jokes about things that haven't happened yet on the show, so it's about ten times funnier when you catch it the second or third time around. The show also has dozens of sight gags that you would never notice until you've watched it at least a few times.

I would say the downfall of this series (besides Fox shuffling it around and putting it on random hiatus, because Fox is sucky) was the fact that the humor builds throughout the series, so that each episode is ten times funnier if you've seen the one before it. A casual viewer would probably not find it very funny at all because you really, really need to pay attention and watch the episodes in order. This is de rigeur with continuing dramas, but not so much with comedy.

I honestly think this is one of the smartest TV shows ever produced. It's a shame it didn't last a little longer.

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. Followed closely by "Better Off Ted", both shows had that rapid multi-layered delivery punchline style.

Seriously "The Man Inside Me" by Tobias Bluth!

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Lisa   07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I haven't seen Better Off Ted. I'll have to check it out.
Lisa   07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh... and I've made a huge mistake.
Tony H   07-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Lisa Wrote:Oh... and I've made a huge mistake.

The Bluth family made more huge mistakes than any other family I know.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
I've got some SheMale clothing items at a good price if you're interested.

Funniest damn show ever.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Tony H   07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
:rofl:ROTFLOL!

Certified 100% Serious
Tony H   07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
http://mashable.com/2011/07/28/arrested-...ent-movie/

Looks like the rumors are back. But this time Will Arnett seems pretty positive that it will happen and be in theaters by next year.

Certified 100% Serious
Lisa   07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Wow, hope it's true this time.
rjack_fan   07-29-2011, 12:09 AM
I love that show! We bought the DVDs and watched the whole thing straight through in about a month. I kept thinking I was missing episodes when I watched it live, turns out they were the fake previews. I haven't seen anything even close to the level of absurd funniness this show has.

And I love the whole MRF thing with the crazy british chic in the last season!
Pages (8): 1 2 3 4 5 8