Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 15   
The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
So in discussing zombie movies on another thread I was thinking, what is everyones favorite horror movie? I think most people on this board like horror as a genre (I actually became a fan of FPW for his horror and stuck around for everything else).

It doesn't have to be recent or specific since horror has so many sub-genres.

Like, favorite monster movie?

Favorite zombie or TEOTWAWKI movie?

Favorite classic horror movie?

I will hold off on mentioning some of mine until others have contributed so I don't taint the pool. Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Tony H   06-15-2011, 06:20 PM
The Mad American Wrote:So in discussing zombie movies on another thread I was thinking, what is everyones favorite horror movie? I think most people on this board like horror as a genre (I actually became a fan of FPW for his horror and stuck around for everything else).

It doesn't have to be recent or specific since horror has so many sub-genres.

Like, favorite monster movie?

Favorite zombie or TEOTWAWKI movie?

Favorite classic horror movie?

I will hold off on mentioning some of mine until others have contributed so I don't taint the pool. Big Grin

Just to help people out TEOTWAWKI is (The End Of The world as we Know It).

My favorite horror movie of all time is actually a less popular sequel to a very popular horror film.

It is The Exorcist III

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKeCQ7EqDho&feature=related[/YT]

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
ccosborne3   06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
The Thing.
Tony H   06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:The Thing.

Excellent choice my friend.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
nonquixote   06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Favorite classic horror movie(s) are the original Frankenstein/Bride couplet.

Favorite Zombie movie is probably still the original Dawn of the Dead.

Other favorites or guilty pleasures in these and other sub-genres are: The Thing, both the original and the remake, The Hammer vampire movies with Peter Cushing and/or Christopher Lee, and Godzilla movies.

Probably my favorite made for tv movie is The Night Stalker, followed closely by Salem's Lot.

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.
The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Just to help people out TEOTWAWKI is (The End Of The world as we Know It).

My favorite horror movie of all time is actually a less popular sequel to a very popular horror film.

It is The Exorcist III

The Exorcist III is one of my favorites as well. George C Scott was awesome in that and it was creepy/scary as hell in that hospital.

~ Red Buttons

ccosborne3   06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Excellent choice my friend.

I've been sitting on my hands for 5 minutes trying not to insult Ex 3. Then you have to post this and make it even harder. I want an explanation. The Omen 3 I could see, It was actually good. Ex 3, WTF?
The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:29 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:The Thing.

Very good choice. Kurt Russell was awesome and the whole being isolated with something horrific works very well.

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:30 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:I've been sitting on my hands for 5 minutes trying not to insult Ex 3. Then you have to post this and make it even harder. I want an explanation. The Omen 3 I could see, It was actually good. Ex 3, WTF?

Really? I am with Tony, I loved Exorcist III. Exorcist II was a travesty but the third one to me is a very strong horror movie.

~ Red Buttons

ccosborne3   06-15-2011, 06:30 PM
The Mad American Wrote:The Exorcist III is one of my favorites as well. George C Scott was awesome in that and it was creepy/scary as hell in that hospital.
Are you guys jacking me? Now that I think about it I may never have seen Ex3. It's really good?
Pages (15): 1 2 3 4 5 15