Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 15   
The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:31 PM
nonquixote Wrote:Favorite classic horror movie(s) are the original Frankenstein/Bride couplet.

Favorite Zombie movie is probably still the original Dawn of the Dead.

Other favorites or guilty pleasures in these and other sub-genres are: The Thing, both the original and the remake, The Hammer vampire movies with Peter Cushing and/or Christopher Lee, and Godzilla movies.

Probably my favorite made for tv movie is The Night Stalker, followed closely by Salem's Lot.

I like pretty much all of those. Very big fan of the original The Night Stalker series. I recently turned my kids on to Godzilla. I mean, a man can only take so many kids movies before he gets his 2 and 5 year old watching Godzilla movies.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:32 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Are you guys jacking me? Now that I think about it I may never have seen Ex3. It's really good?

I thought so. Honestly, no jacking going on (at least by me).

~ Red Buttons

Tony H   06-15-2011, 06:44 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I thought so. Honestly, no jacking going on (at least by me).

The EXORCIST III is solid...it has this heavy atmosphere that is sustained through the entire movie that just gives the viewer the creeps.

The writing is top notch too, Blatty, who wrote the book the movie is based on also wrote the screenplay and directed the film.

The only part that actually fell apart was the Exorcism, it brought the movie down a notch because in the book there was no exorcism, it was tacked on here as a result of studio tampering.

But it still scares me to this day, the dialogue in it is incredible and yes, that hospital hallway scene is the best scare to come out of a horror movie in a long time.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:46 PM
I will add "Let the Right One In" as something more recent. I think that movie is brilliant.

I have yet to see the U.S. remake "Let Me In" but I have heard from a pretty reliable source that it holds up really well and in some ways is better than the original. It is in my Netflix queue.

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
AsMoral Wrote:The EXORCIST III is solid...it has this heavy atmosphere that is sustained through the entire movie that just gives the viewer the creeps.

The writing is top notch too, Blatty, who wrote the book the movie is based on also wrote the screenplay and directed the film.

The only part that actually fell apart was the Exorcism, it brought the movie down a notch because in the book there was no exorcism, it was tacked on here as a result of studio tampering.

But it still scares me to this day, the dialogue in it is incredible and yes, that hospital hallway scene is the best scare to come out of a horror movie in a long time.

I never knew that about there not being an Exorcism in the book. I read the original book that the first movie was based on but nothing beyond that.

But again, I think this movie is top notch for scare and creepy factor.

~ Red Buttons

ccosborne3   06-15-2011, 06:49 PM
AsMoral Wrote:The EXORCIST III is solid...it has this heavy atmosphere that is sustained through the entire movie that just gives the viewer the creeps.

Wow. I had no idea this was a good movie. I'll see it immediately.
Lisa   06-15-2011, 06:50 PM
The Haunting, The Changeling, and a Spanish movie called The Orphanage.

ETA: The originals of the first two.
GCBurner   06-15-2011, 06:51 PM
The movie version of Stephen King's "IT" was pretty good. If you didn't have a clown phobia before you saw it, it would give you one. Smile
Tony H   06-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Lisa Wrote:The Haunting, The Changeling, and a Spanish movie called The Orphanage.

I was getting ready to chastise you for liking "The Haunting". I am glad it is the original. The Changeling is another great one that I own on DVD. The Orphanage was scary and heartbreaking at the same time.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
The Mad American   06-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Lisa Wrote:The Haunting, The Changeling, and a Spanish movie called The Orphanage.

The Orphanage is awesome. And The Changeling as well. I can't say I am the biggest fan of The Haunting though.

When you say the originals do you mean the 1980 version of The Changeling? and the 1963 version of The Haunting?

~ Red Buttons

Pages (15):    1 2 3 4 5 15