Pages (23):    1 3 4 5 6 7 23   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-31-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm going through the Hornblower series again for what I guess will be the last time. I can't recommend these novels too highly.

From the midshipman who was seasick in Spithead to Admiral of the Fleet Lord Hornblower, the books chronicle the life, loves, and battles of one of the greatest heroes ever. A guy you come to care about. Written by a master English fictioneer.

Check 'em out. You won't be disappointed. I guarantee that.
Terry Willacker   09-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I am rereading Tony Hillerman's series about the Navaho tribal police. I'm currentluy reading The Dark Wind. I am also listening to Flowers for his Funeral by Ann Granger.

This is my first post in the new format. Looks great!
Medusa   09-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Terry Willacker Wrote:I am rereading Tony Hillerman's series about the Navaho tribal police.

Is this series any good? I've heard about it and have been kind of interested in it.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Terry Willacker   10-07-2011, 05:00 PM
It is a police procedural mystery series in an unusual setting, tne Navaho reservation. There are a lot of references to Navaho beliefs and customs. I really enjoy it.
Terry Willacker   10-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Currently I am reading Mandarin Plaid by S J Rozan from her series about a Chinese-American woman private detective in New York. It is the second of these I've read. The first was Shanghai Moon. I went looking for them after that one.

I am listening to The Complaints by Ian Rankin. He writes police procedurals set in Scotland. I've read most of his books. He is a favorite of mine.
Medusa   10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm about halfway thru The Affair by Lee Child; the newest Jack Reacher book. Loving it so far. As long as Tom Cruise doesn't sneak in the book too . . .

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Scott Miller   10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I just mentioned Vacation by Matthew Costello in another thread but thought I'd mention it here too-excellent book thus far and Costello is an author you should make an effort to read.

Prior to that I read This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel, who is one of my favorite YA writers and it did nothing to alter my high opinion of him. It tells the tale of a teenaged Victor Frankenstein and how he was set on the path to defeat death.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   10-10-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm reading the new Eve Dallas book by JD Robb, "New York to Dallas"...and I don't want it to end...it's a good one.

EWMAN
Dave F   10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Just read the first two books of Sarah Pinborough's Dog Faced God trilogy.

Fantastic read, detective in a near future investigating a murder that gets up in a supernatural conspiracy

Really looking forward to book 3

The artist formally known as Britfan
mad4tunes   10-18-2011, 02:47 PM
I just finished "Killing Lincoln" by Bill O'Reilly.

I was amazed at how good it was, mostly because O'Reilly didn't paint any of the characters as good or evil, but with almost total journalistic impartiality.

The added bonus, where they included the entire "Harpers Weekly" article about Lincoln's assassination from 1865 was just as incredible. They sure don't write like that any more.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Pages (23):    1 3 4 5 6 7 23