Pages (23):    1 18 19 20 21 22 23   
PicardRex   02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Trang Wrote:Have anyone read Dexter books??
I read it differs completely from the series and since I'm a great fan I bought them all today...
Looking forward to it

I've only read the first so I can only speak towards that, the show is a thousand times better though. The characters in the book aren't as fleshed out, he goes a completely different direction with the "Dark Passsenger" than in the show, enough to where people actually complained a lot and he made it more in line with the show. I bought my sister the first four because she was a big fan and shw said they only got worse after the first.
Trang   02-25-2013, 09:29 PM
PicardRex Wrote:I've only read the first so I can only speak towards that, the show is a thousand times better though. The characters in the book aren't as fleshed out, he goes a completely different direction with the "Dark Passsenger" than in the show, enough to where people actually complained a lot and he made it more in line with the show. I bought my sister the first four because she was a big fan and shw said they only got worse after the first.
Oh that's sad Sad
Well I'll try reading it anyway, yet I'd never expect it to be as nearly as good as the tv series anyway...
Medusa   02-27-2013, 01:33 AM
OMG Cobalt! Thank you so much for hooking me on to the White Flag of the Zombie. This series is so addicting. I'm on the second book now. I bought the third one already and will probably be reading it by the weekend. Its really so hard to put down. I know I'll be buying the other ones soon.

If you want a really unusual zombie book, let me know. I have a doozy to recommend for you.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Sigokat   04-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Agatha Christie's A Death on the Nile.

Grandma Siggy sent it to me. Smile

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
RichE   04-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Love John Birmingham's books: "WEAPONS OF CHOICE", "DESIGNATED TARGETS" and "FINAL IMPACT". Great tales of the future crashing into WW2 America at war!!
Scott Miller   04-25-2013, 04:27 PM
I'm nearly finished with Ghostman by Roger Hobbs and if you like RJ, and I know you do, chances are good you might also enjoy this; there is a lot of common ground minus the super natural elements of the RJ series and Hobbs' Jack is more criminal than RJ. Very entertaining.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Tony H   04-27-2013, 09:04 AM
There was some discussion on Paul's Facebook about this book. It was quite a long thread and it got heated. Sadly it died out when Lisa and I got involved.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Sigokat   04-27-2013, 09:36 AM
you guys even Mod FPW's FB page!!! When and where will your power-mad quest end?!?!?!?!?!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Tony H   04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Sigokat Wrote:you guys even Mod FPW's FB page!!! When and where will your power-mad quest end?!?!?!?!?!

No...we don't mod it! LOL. We just derail it.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Marc   04-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Tony H Wrote:No...we don't mod it! LOL. We just derail it.

Your welcome.
Pages (23):    1 18 19 20 21 22 23