Pages (23):    1 17 18 19 20 21 23   
Brian   02-18-2013, 08:18 PM
I just started the Moon Wreck series by Raymond Weil. Good science based fiction about new flights to the moon and some interesting discoveries.

There is no wise man without fault
Sigokat   02-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Britfan Wrote:Something truly different - if you want to get away from horror / fantasy / SF for a while

Just finished The Mezzanine by Nicholson Baker - one mans story of his journey up an escalator. I laughed out loud at times, it's like la comedian who doesn't tell jokes - but talks about the ridiculousness of life.

Very unlike my usual read - but a pleasant diversion

That sounds pretty interesting actually just because its something different and unusual. I'll check it out.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Antibus   02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm currently reading Krampus by Brom.
Scott Miller   02-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Antibus Wrote:I'm currently reading Krampus by Brom.

Loved it and everything else by him.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Sigokat   02-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Last night I started Vlad Dracula: The Dragon Prince by Michael Augustyn. Its a historical novel obviously about Vlad and so far its really good. I stayed up later than I wanted to last night reading.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Trang   02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Have anyone read Dexter books??
I read it differs completely from the series and since I'm a great fan I bought them all today...
Looking forward to it
Medusa   02-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Started on it and I'm hooked. But then the darn battery died. Kindle is on the charger now.

cobalt Wrote:Thanks for the link.

I've gotten all the White Flag books on my Kindle thru Amazon. They have deals where you buy one and get one free sometimes.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Medusa   02-22-2013, 11:13 PM
I've never seen Dexter or read them but I have heard that both the TV show and the books are great.
Trang Wrote:Have anyone read Dexter books??
I read it differs completely from the series and since I'm a great fan I bought them all today...
Looking forward to it

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Kenji   02-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Now I'm reading The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly. So far, so good!
johntfs   02-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Just finishing up Michael Stackpole's game tie-in Fiddleback trilogy written in 1991-2. It's always interesting to me to read the past's vision of the future. The trilogy is set in the then near-future circa 2010 or so. There's cybernetics, mega-corporations, solar power and class oppression. One thing lacking was cell-phones. This future still has pay-phones. Meanwhile, just thinking it over, I don't think I could locate a pay phone in my town to save my life. They're almost all gone now.

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken
Pages (23):    1 17 18 19 20 21 23