Pages (3):    1 2 3
Kenji   12-22-2010, 11:17 AM
My favorites are.....

It's a Wonderful Life

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Scrooged

GCBurner Wrote:Terry Pratchett's Hogfather is a new Christmas tradition around here. Smile

Yes! I agree! :thumbsup:
Scott Miller   12-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I also love the old Rankin/Bass shows. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and The Year Without a Santa Claus are annual viewing. We always watch A Christmas Story(my personal fave), Elf, Miracle on 34th Street(the original), Scrooged, A Sound of Music, and Blizzard. I also try to catch some new ones and two that I'll be getting are Nativity and The 12 Men Of Christmas.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
nonquixote   12-22-2010, 12:59 PM
As a kid I loved all the Rankin-Bass stop-motion specials, and A Christmas Story is the best Christmas movie ever, but A Charlie Brown Christmas is for me the true harbinger of the season.

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.
Karithna   12-23-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BtYI_OndA0

totally!!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
webby   12-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Most of what everyone else has mentioned makes my list too, but the one that I didn't see mentioned - which actually is probably my very most favorite - is The Muppets Christmas Carol.

It's got great music, it's true to the classic story and ... it has muppets. Doesn't get any better. Wink

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I also love the old Rankin/Bass shows. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and The Year Without a Santa Claus are annual viewing. We always watch A Christmas Story(my personal fave), Elf, Miracle on 34th Street(the original), Scrooged, A Sound of Music, and Blizzard. I also try to catch some new ones and two that I'll be getting are Nativity and The 12 Men Of Christmas.

Gotta second Scott here...MIRACLE ON 34th STREET is stone-wonderful. It was a hard call, last Sunday, Mitch and me..."Well, Mike, we've both seen the flick ten times...but you're the guest..." "Let's watch football, Mitch."
This post was last modified: 12-24-2010, 04:12 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Mick C.   12-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Gotta second Scott here...MIRACLE ON 34th STREET is stone-wonderful. It was a hard call, last Sunday, Mitch and me..."Well, Mike, we've both seen the flick ten times...but you're the guest..." "Let's watch football, Mitch."

Did anyone see the Christmas episode of MODERN FAMILY last season where Ed O'Neill is watching MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET with his Columbian step-son, Manny? I just saw it on DVD and couldn't stop laughing. "INOCENTE! You're the INOCENTE!"

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Dave F   12-27-2010, 08:46 AM
I know a number of you have lured it, but It's a wonderful life is an absolute must every Christmas

Also here is a short clip from the One Ronnie Christmas special

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%...raQZ9lYl24

The artist formally known as Britfan
Pages (3):    1 2 3