The Mad American   12-28-2010, 03:59 AM
This is the latest movie from Neil Marshall, who I have to say after his first two movies "Dog Soldiers" and "The Descent" I was a huge fan of and had very high hopes of someone I could get behind and enjoy his work for a long time.

Errrrrrrrrr!!!! Screeeeeeeeecchhhhh!!! Not so, his next movie "Doomsday" was a horrible piece of shyte that had no redeeming quality to it at all and now he offers up "Centurion" using a period I am very fond of and a locale that I love the history of, the Roman empire and its exploits into Scotland/Caledonia etc etc.

This movie is a huge stinking pile of poop. Plot holes and horrible writing, even the lovely scenery and cinematography can't save this piece of stinking crap. I kept watching hoping Neil Marshall would show some of what made me like his first two movies so much but all this movie left me with is the feeling that he shot his creative wad on the first two movies and is now going to feed us "Doomsday" and "Centurion" and any other crap he creates. Ugh, what a let down.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Karithna   12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah, it did have that made-4-tv feeling. Also too much exaggerated blood. That always turns me off.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein