Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Maggers   12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
OK, this has been done in previous years, but there are new folks out there and some of us older folk can't remember what we wrote way back when.

Last night Liam and I watched "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol," which has been a favorite of mine since childhood. My little brother and I absolutely loved it. Well, Liam was underwhelmed and the slicked up new copy I had (via Japan) was really orange. Nevertheless, I still sang along and clapped like an 11 year old, which was how old I was when I first saw it.

I also love the old "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," with the dentist/elf and the Island of Misfit Toys.

My favorite version of "A Christmas Carol" is the one with Alistair Sims as Scrooge. We'll watch that on Christmas Eve.

Bill Murray's "Scrooged" is on my list, and I've seen "White Christmas" about a million times ("Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters.." that song gets in my head as soon as I think of that movie).

What are your Christmas favorites or your family's favorite shows to watch this time of year?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

The Mad American   12-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Maggers Wrote:OK, this has been done in previous years, but there are new folks out there and some of us older folk can't remember what we wrote way back when.

Last night Liam and I watched "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol," which has been a favorite of mine since childhood. My little brother and I absolutely loved it. Well, Liam was underwhelmed and the slicked up new copy I had (via Japan) was really orange. Nevertheless, I still sang along and clapped like an 11 year old, which was how old I was when I first saw it.

I also love the old "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," with the dentist/elf and the Island of Misfit Toys.

My favorite version of "A Christmas Carol" is the one with Alistair Sims as Scrooge. We'll watch that on Christmas Eve.

Bill Murray's "Scrooged" is on my list, and I've seen "White Christmas" about a million times ("Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters.." that song gets in my head as soon as I think of that movie).

What are your Christmas favorites or your family's favorite shows to watch this time of year?

"A Christmas Story" has to be number one here in my house. Never gets old.

We are working our way through all the old Rankin and Bass Christmas shows with the kids this year. They love them. Gracie really likes "The Little Drummer boy"

And "The Polar Express" is probably the kids favorite Christmas movie right now. They have already watched it like, oh 100 times. I actually really like it as well.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Maggers   12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
The Mad American Wrote:"A Christmas Story" has to be number one here in my house. Never gets old.

We are working our way through all the old Rankin and Bass Christmas shows with the kids this year. They love them. Gracie really likes "The Little Drummer boy"

And "The Polar Express" is probably the kids favorite Christmas movie right now. They have already watched it like, oh 100 times. I actually really like it as well.

All good ones, MA, which I also love to watch but forgot to list.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

The Mad American   12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Maggers Wrote:All good ones, MA, which I also love to watch but forgot to list.

There are so many more and I am sure I am forgetting some as well. Will have to revisit this after my slower than slow memory catches up to the question.Big Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Brian   12-20-2010, 07:50 PM
My Gran loved "It's a Wonderful Life" and would want to watch it every Christmas Eve. I just think she had the hots for Jimmy Stewart. LOL

There is no wise man without fault
Ken Valentine   12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
I haven't actually had a "Christmas" since '97, and even then Kaye and I never had any specific Christmas shows we watched, but I kind of like the first two Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen.

And although it's not a specific "Christmas" movie, Bell, Book, and Candle, starring Jimmy Stewart, Kim Novack, Jack Lemmon, Ernie Kovacs, Elsa Lanchester, and Hermione Gingold is a favorite winter comedy. It takes place around Christmas time.

Ken V.
Sigokat   12-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Scrooged

It's a Wonderful Life

The Bishop's Wife (the original with Cary Grant not that HORRID remake with Denzel)

Merry Christmas Mr. Bean (watched it last night)

Sherlock Holmes' The Cardboard Box and The Blue Carbuncle. Not really "Christmas" shows but they take place during Christmas time and are great to watch. I watched The Cardboard Box two nights ago.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
KRW   12-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Die Hard!!!!!!!
Ken Valentine   12-20-2010, 08:27 PM
KRW Wrote:Die Hard!!!!!!!
"Now I have a machine gun.

"Ho, ho, ho."

Big Grin

Ken V.
Brian   12-20-2010, 08:28 PM
KRW Wrote:Die Hard!!!!!!!

True, a real classic.

There is no wise man without fault