Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
Ken Valentine   04-18-2011, 10:44 PM
KRW Wrote:That they do. It can also cause us to find smoke when there's no fire. It's why I always feel awkward asking a question based soley upon a single line in a book. (but I do anyway) At what point do I cross the line and sound like a Trekkie asking William Shatner .................... you get the point.Smile
However, it does show that you're paying attention -- that "AH HA" moment you mentioned.

'Sides . . . they're fun.

Ken V.
KRW   04-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:However, it does show that you're paying attention -- that "AH HA" moment you mentioned.

'Sides . . . they're fun.

Ken V.

This!Cool
Srem   04-24-2011, 06:10 PM
KRW Wrote:Another connection for you Alvin. In "Ground Zero", there is a direct referance in the Compendium to the short story FPW wrote that the title can't be written or said. I'll call it "The Word".

I feel sheepish mentioning that I didn't make this connection either after reading the short story The Word in Aftershock & Others about 6 months ago; after all, the Compendium has always been a huge facination to me...

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
fpw   04-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Ask away. I put a lot of work into the connections and cultural references, and I love when people catch them. (So few recognized Bug Bunny in Hosts Sad) Just got an email from a reader in Russia who had all the connections and rationale of The Haunted Air note perfect. A letter like that makes my day.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Alvin Fox   04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Srem Wrote:I feel sheepish mentioning that I didn't make this connection either after reading the short story The Word in Aftershock & Others about 6 months ago; after all, the Compendium has always been a huge facination to me...

Don't forget that there was also an Actuator dressed in white with a black cane and speaking with a German accent in that.

Also Michael fled to Cheyenne, Wyoming where the Order doesn't have a cell.

Wyoming is where Jack made it look like Weezy fled to to escape the Order.
molasar808   04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Please forgive me if this has been covered already...

I recently read Faces and while I know it's tied to the Secret History because of Monroe and Carly, I found a single sentence in the story that I believe ties Faces to Black Wind and By The Sword. More importantly, the Kakureta Kao: "He could have been working on a quieter case, like where all the winos were disappearing to."

Am I nuts or just obsessed? Probably a little of both.

Again, I apologize if this has been previously discussed and I'm just late to the party but I just find it facinating.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
webby   04-26-2011, 01:08 AM
molasar808 Wrote:Please forgive me if this has been covered already...

I recently read Faces and while I know it's tied to the Secret History because of Monroe and Carly, I found a single sentence in the story that I believe ties Faces to Black Wind and By The Sword. More importantly, the Kakureta Kao: "He could have been working on a quieter case, like where all the winos were disappearing to."

Again, I apologize if this has been previously discussed and I'm just late to the party but I just find it facinating.

Makes a lot of sense. I think you've found another one. It may not have been meant as a connection originally (when was Faces written? I don't have the info at hand) but it works all the same.

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alvin Fox   04-26-2011, 05:45 AM
The disappearing winos case was originally in reference to The Tomb and the rakoshi feeding habits. But since then "Faces" has been shuffled around in the timeline.
Ken Valentine   04-26-2011, 06:51 AM
molasar808 Wrote:Please forgive me if this has been covered already...

I noticed that as well, but I took it to be a connection to THE TOMB.

Remember that winos were dissapearing as food/training for the Rakoshi, before Kusum was able to kidnap Grace Westphalen and Nellie Patton.

Ken V.
Alvin Fox   04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm reading the occasional short story right now and just finished Bob Dylan, Troy Jonson and the Speed Queen. I want to say this is related to Dydeetown World. Troy has a wire and wetchip and it sounds familiar. I remember that some people in DW were wired for buttons (buttonheads) but it's just been so long since I've read DW. I'll get to it eventually when time permits. It just seems that the tech is at least very similar.
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7