Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7   
Alvin Fox   12-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Big Grin

I gotta thank you anyway. I didn't think to make a note of the Pacer driven by an Oriental. I just need to keep it in mind when I get to The Touch in a few months.
KRW   12-30-2010, 08:00 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Big Grin

I gotta thank you anyway. I didn't think to make a note of the Pacer driven by an Oriental. I just need to keep it in mind when I get to The Touch in a few months.

I never would have noticed it if I hadn't read "The Touch" right before "All The Rage". I saw a similar connection when I read "Deep As The Marrow" just before "Legacies".
Ken Valentine   01-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Adeolaw Wrote:I'm currently in the process of reading "The Touch" for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Senator McCready and the Medical Committee act the bane of the antagonist Dr What's-his-face existence in "Implant"?
Senator McCready was "mentioned" in Implant, but he had been dead for some time -- though I think you're right. The other links in Implant were:

1. Dr. Lathram's brother had worked for GEM Pharmaceutical (ALL THE RAGE)

2. There was contemptious mention by Dr. Lathram of the hospital in THE SELECT (the name of the hospital escapes me at the moment.)

3. The presidents doctor was the doctor whose daughter was kidnapped in DEEP AS THE MARROW -- again, the doctors name esapes me at the moment.

So, IMPLANT has links to four other novels.

Ken V.
kelikea808   01-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Still trying to figure out the connection between "Sibs" (not "Sims") and The Secret History? Besides the Julio's reference....

"In a clutch or a corner, I tend to make a weapon out of what is near at hand. That can be anything from a crowbar to a cat, though if I had a choice, I would prefer an angry cat, which I have found to be more effective than a crowbar."-Odd Thomas
Alvin Fox   01-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Jack uses Dr. Gates' house as part of a fix in Legacies.

Also, in All the Rage, Monnet was trying to win an auction for a half case of wine offered by the Gates estate.

And if you want to go in another direction...

The Gati family in Sibs was also featured in "Menage a Trois".
There was a Detective Burke in "Menage a Trois" who was also in "The Cleaning Machine".
The machine is described as an 'infernal machine'.

And the Julio's reference.

That's all I got.
fpw   01-23-2011, 11:01 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:Jack uses Dr. Gates' house as part of a fix in Legacies.

Also, in All the Rage, Monnet was trying to win an auction for a half case of wine offered by the Gates estate.

And if you want to go in another direction...

The Gati family in Sibs was also featured in "Menage a Trois".
There was a Detective Burke in "Menage a Trois" who was also in "The Cleaning Machine".
The machine is described as an 'infernal machine'.

And the Julio's reference.

That's all I got.
That's plenty. Good work.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Sev   01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Okay, you guys are killing me.

What and where was the Julio's reference?
kelikea808   01-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Kay. Blown away.....I apparently need to re-re-read everything.Big Grin Julio's ref was when Rob's lady friend wanted to go for drinks there in the begining. leave it to me to catch the bar refrence.....gotta finish Black Wind first though.

"In a clutch or a corner, I tend to make a weapon out of what is near at hand. That can be anything from a crowbar to a cat, though if I had a choice, I would prefer an angry cat, which I have found to be more effective than a crowbar."-Odd Thomas
Alvin Fox   03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Could it be? Another link to Sibs?

Rob's partner is Augustino Monetti.
In Bloodline Hank Thompson was stopped in the middle of Fifth Avenue by a plainclothes detective Augustino.
scarywitchy   03-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Sev Wrote:Okay, you guys are killing me.

What and where was the Julio's reference?

It's when the detective's blonde lover (blocking name here) suggested that they go to this "retro" bar that is the hit with all her yuppie friends. Right before she storms out for the last time.

Please to forgive, I do not currently have access to the book for specific pages etc.
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7