Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7   
Alvin Fox   11-17-2010, 09:26 PM
I overlooked two things because one was a teleplay and I had forgotten about The Christmas Thingy.

Is that the same type of creature (or Monster) in both The Christmas Thingy and Glim-Glim?
Alvin Fox   11-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Okay, bear with me on this one...

I just re-read "Faces" and had some more thoughts on "Buckets".
In "Buckets", Dr. Cantrell is confronted by the ghosts of the abortions he performed.
One of those ghosts is an unnamed 22 year-old daughter of Ellen Benedict.
That girl died before 1974.
The story takes place on Halloween and on a Wednesday.
Three possible years that fit that time frame are 1979, 1984 and 1990.
22 years before 1990 is 1968.
Supposing 1990 is the year-
Suppose the unnamed girl uses the day she died as her birthday.
We don't know when that was but it must be before October of 1968 and after October of 1967 in order for her to be 22.
If she hadn't been aborted, she might have naturally been born in early December of 1968. In Monroe.

Am... am I seeing too much into that to make a connection?
fpw   11-21-2010, 10:59 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:I overlooked two things because one was a teleplay and I had forgotten about The Christmas Thingy.

Is that the same type of creature (or Monster) in both The Christmas Thingy and Glim-Glim?
No. Thingy is a fantasy. "Glim-Glim" is in a separate reality.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   11-21-2010, 11:01 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:If she hadn't been aborted, she might have naturally been born in early December of 1968. In Monroe.

Am... am I seeing too much into that to make a connection?
Wow...right around the time of Rasalom's rebirth. She would have been conceived around the same time as Carly from "Faces." She probably should have been monstrous in some way. She might even be glad she was aborted. An interesting twist.
This post was last modified: 11-21-2010, 11:04 AM by fpw.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Alvin Fox   12-28-2010, 06:55 AM
Here's some more things I've been meaning to ask:

In All the Rage Monnet loses an auction for a half case of wine offered by the Gates estate. It's 15 months after his death, but was that Dr. Lawrence Gates' wine?

Also in All the Rage the Oddity Emporium is set up on a piece of land in Monroe owned by a Haskins. Any relation to the late Winston Haskins from Secret Histories?
Adeolaw   12-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm currently in the process of reading "The Touch" for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Senator McCready and the Medical Committee act the bane of the antagonist Dr What's-his-face existence in "Implant"?
Scott Miller   12-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Adeolaw Wrote:I'm currently in the process of reading "The Touch" for the first time. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Senator McCready and the Medical Committee act the bane of the antagonist Dr What's-his-face existence in "Implant"?

McCready was Alan Bulmer's nemesis in The Touch. Duncan Lathram was the the evil doctor in Implant.
This post was last modified: 12-28-2010, 08:49 PM by Scott Miller.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Scott Miller   12-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:McCready was Alan Bulmer's nemesis in The Touch. Duncan Lathram was the the evil doctor in Implant.

Oops. Didn't read your question properly and you may well be right but my memory is not the one to answer it.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Adeolaw   12-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:McCready was Alan Bulmer's nemeis in The Touch. Duncan Lathram was the the evil doctor in Implant.

But who did Lanthram (thank you for the name) blame in "Implant" for his daughter's demise? Wasn't there a "medical guidelines act bill" with McCready spearheading it???

...............or have ALL of my retentive capabilities been shot???Sad
Adeolaw   12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:you may well be right but my memory is not the one to answer it.

...it appears as though we've set sail on the same boat Big Grin
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 7