Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12   
Medusa   11-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I hope they rerun the first half of this season as I didn't record it.
I think they are replaying the whole series starting from episode 1 next week (not positive) so that when it all finishes in Feb they will continue with the rest of Season 2. If not, Season 1 is on Netflix streaming.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Scott Miller   11-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Alvin Fox Wrote:If they don't include the Governor that'd be like making a tv series of Repairman Jack and never having Rasalom in it.

I'm not really sure how many issues I have read, probably 12, but I'm almost positive The Gov had yet to make an appearance. It's been a few years since I last read it but I want to say they were turning a prison into their base.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Alvin Fox   11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I think on a per issue basis the Governor was around for about 2 years.

But they can change anything they want to. They've stated that the comics and show are two different entities. Like Daryl doesn't exist and Sophia is still alive in the comics.
The Mad American   11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
t4terrific Wrote:The group needs to split. There are at least two very different mind sets, and they aren't going to be able to work together without a fight. They need to come to an agreement on how to split their resources, and go their separate ways.

The problem is that the "leader" of each faction wants the same woman, and she isn't doing what it takes to sever ties to one of them. Had she done that, the events of the mid season finale would not have taken place.

If they keep the same stuff the graphic novels had then you are on to what will most likely happen. They are building up to it, I hope anyway.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Alvin Fox Wrote:HOLY SHIT! I... wha... I've been reading the comics for years and was amazed by the first episode. However, by the end of the first season my enthusiasm had waned. The last few minutes of the mid-season finale last night completely made up for it though.

I felt the same about season 2. It was starting to lose me, focusing too much on the soap opera stuff and not moving the story like they should. So much stuff they have to draw on from the source material.

The last two episodes of the first part of season 2 drew me right back in though. Even though I knew in my heart that was what was going to happen, it was done really well.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

LolaRennt   12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
It seemed like the show lost some of its pacing this season. I read somewhere, though, that AMC had slashed the budget, which may explain why it felt like the show bogged down at the farm.

A co-worker mentioned that he'd been on some board where people were speculating that the group would see Merle again, and he would be the Governor.

LR

Why do I always do this to myself???
Brian   02-11-2012, 07:33 PM
The Walking Dead resumes tomorrow 2/12. It's at 2100 here on the east coast.

There is no wise man without fault
Medusa   02-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Yay, tomorrow night! I've got the DVR set for it!

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Alvin Fox   02-12-2012, 06:02 AM
I just recently finished rereading all of the graphic novels. It's been over three years since I've read a majority of them. I'm surprised at how much I'd forgotten. Sophia's fate is completely different and I think the show made the better choice for more reasons than just the amazing ending of the last episode.
fpw   02-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm going to try this again. I lost interest last year and stopped watching.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 6 12