Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
cobalt   10-27-2010, 02:03 PM
I just got the chills/creeps again about the things that fell from the monster and ended up in the subway tunnels....brrrr.

EWMAN
Sigokat   10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
those were parasites.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   10-27-2010, 02:17 PM
sigokat Wrote:those were parasites.
yeah....fugly and dangerous ones.

EWMAN
flyingfox   10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:I thought Cloverfield was pretty good. I do agree about the shaky camera bit....but got past it when we watched it again at home. Being able to stop the film and really get a good look at the monsters did it for me.

The first 20 mins just put me to sleep when they were at the party:o
I guess at home it might be ok, but it sucked at the cinema.
Mind you I didn't really like Avatar 3D at the cinema, then enjoyed it without the glasses at homeBig Grin
Some films you do need to see twice.

Guess what I am going to watch tonight?
[SPOILER]GodzillaBig Grin[/SPOILER]
Alvin Fox   10-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I just watched Dreamcatcher and Club Dread. What's wrong with me? It's almost like they lost the book halfway through Dreamcatcher. I did like how the shit weasels resembled the tentacle in The Mist.

I have my copy of Cloverfield sittin' here that I've been meaning to watch, but then again there's Killer Klowns From Outer Space. I might also go for Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors.
cobalt   10-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Dreamcatcher....I forgot all about that one.

EWMAN
KRW   10-27-2010, 10:56 PM
The natural monsters get me the most. Cujo and Jaws are at the top of that list. As a kid though, I was always fond of the giants. Godzilla and King Kong are a given, but I also liked the cyclopes in Sinbad. The Kraken in the "Clash of the Titans" or anything Ultra Man fought!

As a side note, I also liked the giant lady in "Dude, Where's My Car?"

Boy- Dad... I want to ride that ride!
Dad- Me too!!!!Wink
flyingfox   10-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Cujo scared me, I am 39 and I would still not watch it. I have an issue with dogs, they just scare me in films, when they all blooded up.
Clash of the Titans, that was good, the original maybe the best, but I did like the remake.
What about the Daleks?
Mick C.   10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
We've been doing our usual Hallowe'en horror film festival at our house all month. I get to introduce my kids to classics of the genre.

So far we've seen INVADERS FROM MARS, HORROR OF DRACULA, ALIEN, THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES, THE HAUNTING, IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE, PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES (the last two were probably influences on ALIEN), THE MASQUE OF RED DEATH, HELLBOY and THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.

Tomorrow night, my kids are inviting some friends over for Hallowe'en movies under the stars in the backyard. I rigged up a giant screen and have a projector I bought on sale cheap at WalMart that hooks up to a DVD player and shows REALLY HUGE screen images. We're going lie on the grass or in lawn chairs and watch a bunch of Hallowe'en -themed Bugs Bunny cartoons (HYDE AND HARE where Bugs is taken in by Dr. Jekyll, the one where Bug fights Gossamer the giant red hairy monster, the one where Bugs goes trick-or-treating and meets the June Foray-voiced witch, and the one where Porky Pig and Sylvester spend the night in a haunted house full of homicidal mice - that one is really scary!), along with a DVD of classic horror movie trailers, Disney's LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW (great animation on the chase sequence), and IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE. We will have a firepit going and roast marshmallows and make chocolate bombs (stick a chunk of chocolate in a marshmallow before toasting it), eat popcorn, candy corn and pumpkin peeps, and the grown-ups will drink Blue Moon Ale and Fat Tire.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
KRW   10-30-2010, 12:26 AM
flyingfox Wrote:Cujo scared me, I am 39 and I would still not watch it. I have an issue with dogs, they just scare me in films, when they all blooded up.
Clash of the Titans, that was good, the original maybe the best, but I did like the remake.
What about the Daleks?

We watched it the other night and that little boys performance is enough to break your heart. It makes one want to jump into that movie and fight Cujo.. win, lose or draw. The moms performance was excellent as well, especially the scene when she was bitten in the thigh.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5