RepairmanJack.com Forums
Movie Monsters - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Movie Monsters (/thread-3955.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Movie Monsters - The Mad American - 10-23-2010

It is that time of year when we get marathons of all different types of scary/thriller/horror movies.

I have always been a fan of monster movies. I have very fond memories of staying up all night watching monster movies on my old 12 inch black and white telelvision on or around Halloween.

I am curious as to what the groups favorite movie monsters are.

I have a ton because I am a total geek when it comes to monster movies. Christopher Lee as Dracula, The Wolfman (the original) Frankenstein (all the obvious ones). I wil save a full fleshed out list after we see what some others like.

What are some of yours?

Movie Monsters - Brian - 10-23-2010

Movie marathons are made for a B/W film fest.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Dracula
The Wolfman
Frankenstein
Abbott and Costello Met Frankenstein
The Mummy
The Thing From Another World

For the more modern stuff:
Alien
Aliens
Predator
Cloverfield yeah, I know
The Thing
Tremors
Zombieland or anything zombie as a matter of fact. Big Grin

Movie Monsters - flyingfox - 10-24-2010

Godzilla.
Alien.
Predator.
Zombies, some.
Hannibal - well, he was a "monster" Big Grin
Tom and Jerry - that mouse Big Grin

Movie Monsters - Kenji - 10-24-2010

The Lord of the Rings
Hellraiser
Deep Rising
The Fly
Starship Troopers
Mimic
Hellboy

Movie Monsters - palsunstar - 10-24-2010

flyingfox mentions Godzilla.

Last year I had a marathon of every Godzilla film (all of them in original Japanese with English subtitles-the best way to watch ANY Japanese film IMO). 28 Godzilla films (NO, I didn't include the tuna-eating U.S. embarrassment), plus Rodan, Mothra, King Kong Escapes, and Rebirth of Mothra 1, 2 AND 3. I also threw in the episodes of Zonefighter that featured Godzilla, the Daimajin trilogy (Daimajin, Daimajin Ikaru, & Daimajin Gyakushu), Frankenstein vs. Barugon (known by most as Frankenstein Conquers the World), The Mysterians, Varan the Unbelievable, War of the Gargantuas (which was originally intended to be a sequel to Frankenstein vs. Barugon).

Of course, this marathon took place over a 5 day period (I was unemployed at the time, so this explains the available FREE time...), but I remained faithful to it by refraining from watching anything else.

My wife didn't want anything to do with it (of course), but my two kids joined me every now & then (even though they didn't understand the Japanese & reading subtitles isn't really an option for a...then...4 & 9 year old).

Movie Monsters - webby - 10-24-2010

Favorite monsters...

I've always had a soft spot for Gamara and, of course, King Kong. Frankenstein's monster also. I guess I have a weakness for big, misunderstood brutes. Ha ha ha.

Movie Monsters - longbowhunter - 10-25-2010

Godzilla:Final Wars is awesome...just watched that one the other night. Don Frye NEEDS to be in more movies!

As for movie monster marathons,I do one every October....and still dont have time to get to them all. So far I've watched all the Universal Horror flicks,and am getting ready to move onto the modern era. I think tomorrow night its going to be a double feature of Johns Carpenters original The Fog and The Mist. Tues. night I'm going to a college showing of Rocky Horror,Thur. night is Rifftrax Live's version of House on Haunted Hill and then sometime before now and Halloween I'll probably watch Constantine(sue me..I liked it) and the greatest horror movie ever,The Exorcist....plus theres still the original King Kong...and Little Shop of Horrors....gah,why am I posting on here when theres still so many movies to watch and only a week to go!!!!

P.S.-I also have a marathon planned for election day-V for Vendetta and Demolition Man...followed by lots of drinking and/or crying.

Movie Monsters - cobalt - 10-25-2010

All good movies mentioned above for a film fest. One that's missing is the Godzilla from 1998.
And I like to laugh at the monsters too....Young Frankenstein. Fright Night, The Witches of Eastwick, The Mummy from 1999 to name a few.

Movie Monsters - murelz - 10-25-2010

I love monster flicks. The Blob, The Fog, Wolfman, ZOMBIES!! I love me some zombies. I can't get enough. Me and my wife have a Halloween movie fest starting this week, we'll be moving through the ages. We'll even watch a few of the newer horror flicks, like Drag Me to Hell. But we'll definitely stick the the oldies but goodies.

Movie Monsters - Scott Miller - 10-25-2010

I am a fan of most of the already mentioned monsters but I'll add the Creature From the Black Lagoon.