Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5   
The Mad American   10-25-2010, 11:57 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:All good movies mentioned above for a film fest. One that's missing is the Godzilla from 1998.

See now, this is why I could never be a moderator on this forum. I would have banned you for mentioning that train wreck.Big GrinWink That was not a Godzilla movie, the bastards stole the concept of one of the favorite movie monsters from my youth and bastardized/hollywoodized it for that piece of poopoo.

As for laughing in monster movies, I do like that as well. Shaun of the Dead, the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness franchise and a few others.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

flyingfox   10-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Was it 1998 that Godzilla with Mathew Modene in, wow.
BTW, I liked that one too, I felt sad when they killed Godzilla.
The only complaint I had was that they "changed" how Godzilla looked.
The Mad American   10-25-2010, 06:08 PM
flyingfox Wrote:Was it 1998 that Godzilla with Mathew Modene in, wow.
BTW, I liked that one too, I felt sad when they killed Godzilla.
The only complaint I had was that they "changed" how Godzilla looked.

Matthew Broderick actually, forever Ferris Buehler.

And they didn't just change how Godzilla looked, they changed everything. I will refrain from going on a rant about everything that was wrong with that thing.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

flyingfox   10-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Ops sorry, re name, rant away....
See if I agreeBig Grin

As I used to say to Sue, it is only a filmBig Grin

So they won't be making another, then:confused:Big GrinWink
palsunstar   10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I won't go off on a rant, but I will say this...It was an entertaining giant monster movie, but it was absolutely NOT a Godzilla film.

Watch this clip from Godzilla: Final Wars & you'll see, perhaps, how the filmmakers felt towards the American version of their national treasure...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/948718/

~Paul W. Sondersted, Jr.
Sigokat   10-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I enjoyed that Godzilla movie as well. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but it was alright. Just MHO

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
flyingfox   10-26-2010, 03:05 AM
palsunstar Wrote:It was an entertaining giant monster movie

Yes, I definately agree.
cobalt   10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
I loved the original Godzilla movies as a kid. Campy...goofy costumed and corny plotted....I was glued to the screen on a Saturday morn.

But the remake of Godzilla was decent. yes...they changed the monster....but it was just a different time and special effects had improved. Another thing about the new movie...I liked the music as well.

EWMAN
flyingfox   10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Good music makes a movie.
Oh crikey i am turning YankieWink
Good music makes a filmBig Grin

What did peeps think about the new King Kong film.
I liked it, more recent and to me better for it, but very sad. I cry twice, when he is caught on the island and his big hand tries to "save" the girl by the water and of course as he falls at the end. Ops, that was a spoiler:hand:
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-26-2010, 03:20 PM
The Mad American Wrote:It is that time of year when we get marathons of all different types of scary/thriller/horror movies.

I have always been a fan of monster movies. I have very fond memories of staying up all night watching monster movies on my old 12 inch black and white telelvision on or around Halloween.

I am curious as to what the groups favorite movie monsters are.

I have a ton because I am a total geek when it comes to monster movies. Christopher Lee as Dracula, The Wolfman (the original) Frankenstein (all the obvious ones). I wil save a full fleshed out list after we see what some others like.

What are some of yours?

Jeez, I gotta go with THE MYSTERIANS. Only saw it once when I was...5?

I've never forgotten it.

Fucking aliens from behind the Moon wanted our women! Our women!

Even at that tender age, I knew. You want the smart apes, the tool-making apes, the hydrogen bomb-making hairless apes to turn up the heat on your alien ass?

MESS WITH OUR WOMEN!!!

That's the way of warm-blooded males of any species on this little blue world. Mess with our females and young, we will die killing you.

Maybe you'll have better luck around Centauri way.
Pages (5):    1 2 3 4 5