Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-11-2010, 12:04 PM
flyingfox Wrote:OK, I finished Dean Koontz and my FPW Jack book arrived from Amazon in the nick of time.
It is very good and gripping, got to the old lady with the dog helping Jack. Won't say any more in case people not read it yet, but a question, does the old lady with the dog wear a scarf in the RMJ books? I can't remember that much detail lol.
I do remember Old Man Foster being mentioned, so I know who he is.
It is really intriguing.

I wonder what Paul will write after Jack and RMJ.
Thanks for a terrific read, Paul, this is just what I need right now, you take care.

Tony

The mightiest is yet to come, Tony.

You know Paul's alter-ego in the Jack books, natch. "P. Frank Winslow." In the final NIGHTWORLD, Jack is beaten-down and dazed by Rasalom. Gia screams. Vicky runs towards him, to help him up. Winslow pulls Jack to his feet, and slips a Secret Weapon of the Ally into his hand.

And tells Rasalom, "You know, man? You're really fucked-up. I'm not even talking maybe here. You are truly lame."

The Lady strengthens Jack's hand. Together, they pull the trigger. "Thanks," they both say.

And Rasalom goes to a fate hideous beyond imagination.

He becomes Little Blues.

"N--n--n--o--o--NOOOOOOHHHHH!"

Sorry, pal.

You really gotta think when you pick your team.
flyingfox   10-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Umm, it was a very long time ago that I read nightworld, I remember the holes in the earth and big flying monster things, but that's about it.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-11-2010, 03:33 PM
flyingfox Wrote:Umm, it was a very long time ago that I read nightworld, I remember the holes in the earth and big flying monster things, but that's about it.

One thing that struck me about NIGHTWORLD was the world's armed forces didn't fight back harder. (Yow--I know, Paul--you were thinking about something different.)

Same with Wells' THE WAR OF THE WORLDS. 'Cept for the gallant sortie of HMS THUNDER CHILD. But where were the heavy ships, Britain's might and pride?

And where were the men who took an oath to die before they'd let any harm to come to Her Majesty?
flyingfox   10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
At least in Independance Day the forces fought backBig Grin
Just remember, it's only a film / bookBig Grin
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
flyingfox Wrote:At least in Independance Day the forces fought backBig Grin
Just remember, it's only a film / bookBig Grin

Yes. But where, in Wells' book, was the Old Colonel who kissed his wife goodbye, and walked to a Martian tripod with explosive strapped to his back, and with deathless courage, to stand with the 300, and dared by dying to do all things?

"Lads! We can beat them! They can fall! The Colonel showed us! They can fall!"
flyingfox   10-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Has Weird Walt been in any other books?

Also what book did I read about someone being all trust up in the sewers, and waking up with things crawling all over him ,eating him alive. Something like that?
cobalt   10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
flyingfox Wrote:Has Weird Walt been in any other books?
Yes, he has been in several. Most recently the 2 YA Jack books.

Quote:Also what book did I read about someone being all trust up in the sewers, and waking up with things crawling all over him ,eating him alive. Something like that?

SPOILER below

Yes, that is Nightworld.

EWMAN
flyingfox   10-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow Jack no. 1 was fab, I will move straight onto no.2.
There are so many questions unanswered from the first one, like what was the thing moving about in the dark shadows, a Rakoshi, I wonder or Rasalom, or just the windBig Grin
Will Jack open his dads box? Will it contain a jackinaboxBig Grin Sorry punBig GrinBig Grin
Sorry, one of those good evenings tonightWink
Night all. I am going to snuggle up with Paul and JackBig GrinBig GrinWink
flyingfox   10-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Did I miss something in the first Jack, as Eddie seemed quite fit et al, yet in the second Jack, a month later, he is fat and doesn't want to go out:confused:
flyingfox   10-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I was reading the 2nd Jack, S. Circles, and there was a young lad called Tony, strange that's my name. He lost a leg to cancer and died of cancer, even spookier, that is what happened to my wife, Sue.
Anyway, a cracking read nonetheless.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4