Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   07-30-2010, 04:19 PM
just finished the final scene for the concluding novel of the Repairman Jack series. The novel's not done yet - still have to go back and do plastic surgery (many augmentations and reductions) - but a first-pass draft is in memory and backed up in 3 places. It's got its own big finish that segues into NIGHTWORLD. Kind of bitter sweet.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
ccosborne3   07-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Love the title, ominous yet poetic.
Kenji   07-30-2010, 06:56 PM
fpw Wrote: just finished the final scene for the concluding novel of the Repairman Jack series. The novel's not done yet - still have to go back and do plastic surgery (many augmentations and reductions) - but a first-pass draft is in memory and backed up in 3 places. It's got its own big finish that segues into NIGHTWORLD. Kind of bitter sweet.

Ah.........finally.....*sigh* Sad

Thanks for many many great RJ novels, Paul. I'll wait for the last RJ story gravely.
A-dono   07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Congratulations! You certainly work fast.

I can't wait to read it, though you're definitely right about it being bittersweet.
Karithna   07-30-2010, 10:52 PM
So what comes next? Are there any big plans for future stories after Jack?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
The Mad American   07-31-2010, 02:57 AM
I am excited for this and yet kind of don't want it to get here. It's like an old friend telling you he won't be around anymore.

Anyway, congratulations and as others have said, thank you for the great ride.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-31-2010, 09:03 AM
fpw Wrote: just finished the final scene for the concluding novel of the Repairman Jack series. The novel's not done yet - still have to go back and do plastic surgery (many augmentations and reductions) - but a first-pass draft is in memory and backed up in 3 places. It's got its own big finish that segues into NIGHTWORLD. Kind of bitter sweet.

Yay! for Paul!!! Big Grin
fpw   07-31-2010, 02:37 PM
A-dono Wrote:Congratulations! You certainly work fast.
Not all that fast. Began the draft the 2nd week of Feb.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-31-2010, 03:06 PM
fpw Wrote: Not all that fast. Began the draft the 2nd week of Feb.

Yeah, but I bet Thomas Pynchon would be talking to himself. "How does he DO it???" :confused:
Scott Miller   07-31-2010, 03:25 PM

As much as I want you to venture into new territory, I'm saddened by the news that the RJ saga is about to end(although I've a feeling we'll be seeing him around). Easily the greatest series I've had the pleasure of reading and I can't possibly thank you enough for that.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Pages (2): 1 2