Pages (2):    1 2
Brian   07-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Congratulations on completing the new book. I'm sure I'll read what you venture into next, but I'll miss the world of Jack you've created.

There is no wise man without fault
cobalt   07-31-2010, 07:50 PM
I know it has to end....I just don't want it to....snifff....

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   07-31-2010, 09:19 PM
fpw Wrote: just finished the final scene for the concluding novel of the Repairman Jack series. The novel's not done yet - still have to go back and do plastic surgery (many augmentations and reductions) - but a first-pass draft is in memory and backed up in 3 places. It's got its own big finish that segues into NIGHTWORLD. Kind of bitter sweet.
You have practically made a career out of Repairman Jack. As much as I enjoy the series, I'm looking forward to reading what ever other novels you have in mind.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   08-01-2010, 10:03 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I know it has to end....I just don't want it to....snifff....

Don't cry, cobalt! Or I'm gonna cry too! SadSadSad
t4terrific   08-02-2010, 11:50 AM
fpw Wrote: just finished the final scene for the concluding novel of the Repairman Jack series. The novel's not done yet - still have to go back and do plastic surgery (many augmentations and reductions) - but a first-pass draft is in memory and backed up in 3 places. It's got its own big finish that segues into NIGHTWORLD. Kind of bitter sweet.

Once that one is released, I'll have to read it, then I FINALLY get to Nightworld. I will have 3 different versions of Nightworld to read too.
Mike Hanson   08-02-2010, 01:27 PM

[SIZE=2]Like your book's finish, this news is somewhat bittersweet... and reminds me of when Roger Zelazny finished "Prince of Chaos" in his Chronicles of Amber, when Philip Jose Farmer wrote "More Than Fire" for his World of Tiers series and "Gods of Riverworld" for his Riverworld series, and even when Fred Saberhagen wrote "Shieldbreaker's Story," the last of the Books of Lost Swords.

I suppose the good thing to keep in mind is that we are very lucky that Paul is able to complete and capstone this wonderful series of books for us at all.

What often comes to mind, for me, is the tragedy of how Gordon R. Dickson died before he could finish his very popular 'Dragon Knight' series and his seminal sci-fi 'Childe' series.
[/SIZE]
Legion   08-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Mike Hanson Wrote:reminds me of when Roger Zelazny finished "Prince of Chaos" in his Chronicles of Amber

Mister Hanson, I must say, I am impressed that you know of Amber. My wife and mother in law are obsessed with them. Well done sir, well done.

And Paul, Sir, I just have this to say.

*WHILE THRASHING ABOUT ON FLOOR SOBBING LIKE A TODDLER THROWING A FIT*NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
This post was last modified: 08-03-2010, 01:28 AM by Legion.

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!
swandy   08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Like you said "bittersweet" after considering Jack a friend and companion for all these years.
Looking forward to see how you handle the "end" of the saga.
And congrats (and BIG THANKS) for all the great work over the years.
Steve
Monquito   08-04-2010, 11:20 PM

Congrats. Must be a strange feeling.

Glad I only started reading RJ two years ago. I haven't had long to wait for the series to finish.

Really looking forward to seeing how Nightworld changes
Pages (2):    1 2