Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Fun498   07-25-2010, 07:51 PM
By the way, this is my first attempt at modelling feet of any type. My two humanoid projects both had shoes. At least these don't have to be anatomically accurate. Let me know what you think about the scale of the toes and heel and such.
cobalt   07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the board, Fun. You'll like it here.

I like the claws you've done...real creepy is right.

EWMAN
Fun498   07-25-2010, 10:15 PM
do you guys like the "double neck"? Should I leave it, make it one whole piece, or make it symetrical with 4 pieces? Like 4 connected pieces, just with the dimples like the front here. Also, any ideas for feet? I don't remember them mentioned anywhere in the book. Head coming up!

[Image: 4829121974_013a2d5247_z.jpg]

Edit: I think I heard somewhere that Rokoshi are strong....

[Image: 4829464190_9bb00c1706_z.jpg]
This post was last modified: 07-26-2010, 12:05 AM by Fun498.
Scott Miller   07-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Fun498 Wrote:Thanks for the Welcome. I read the two Young Jack books, Secret Histories and Secret Circles. The Tomb is my first FPW adult novel. I'm going to start Legacies in a couple days and I own the entire Repairman Jack series and many other FPW titles, so I'm set for a few years......unless I read them too fast. Big Grin

I think I remember something saying the limbs were disproportioned. I'll go check. I just made the chest much taller and a bit broader too. When I get some more progress, I'll post some new renders.

The additions are great and I love the color; can't wait to see the finished product. I'm always envious of those just embarking on their FPW journey because you've got some great reading ahead. There is no shortage of people round here who'll be willing to discuss them with you.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
cobalt   07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
I'd also expect a Rakoshi to be well muscled....with a thick neck. That was always how I thought of them....smooth and powerful.

EWMAN
Fun498   07-26-2010, 04:22 PM
ok. Along with a lot of other improvements, the neck is getting thickened. but what do you all think of dimpling the neck? I can't decide really what to do with the neck and until the neck is done I can't start the head.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Fun498 Wrote:ok. Along with a lot of other improvements, the neck is getting thickened. but what do you all think of dimpling the neck? I can't decide really what to do with the neck and until the neck is done I can't start the head.

Welcome to the board, Fun!
Fun498   07-26-2010, 05:45 PM
I got some basic geometry going for the head. I need to get a good, fearsome shape down before moving on to teeth and eyes and so on. Right now its looking like a dolphin or something. Suggestions?

[Image: 4832119528_edce064f53_z.jpg]
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Fun498 Wrote:I got some basic geometry going for the head. I need to get a good, fearsome shape down before moving on to teeth and eyes and so on. Right now its looking like a dolphin or something. Suggestions?

[Image: 4832119528_edce064f53_z.jpg]

Teeth. Ripping, tearing, merciless teeth.
KRW   07-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Fun498 Wrote:ok. Along with a lot of other improvements, the neck is getting thickened. but what do you all think of dimpling the neck? I can't decide really what to do with the neck and until the neck is done I can't start the head.

Welcome to the board Fun498!!

You're pic is looking pretty good so far! Personally I would bulk it up even more. (It looks a little on the skinny side to me) Also the length of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow vs. from the elbow to the wrist looks a bit disproportionate. One last thing.. the hands. Make the thumb a little less opposable and shorten the talons on the hands. I've always pictured them like an eagles talons. (It would make it way easier to climb walls and not break a nail.Wink)

As far as the neck, I believed they were described as not really having one. (Picture the way a gorillas head sets down on it's shoulders)

Once you get the neck down, that's when it gets tough. Trying to put a sharks head on an hominid like body is not easy. I went with the Mako sharks snout because it is longer and sharper than most sharks. (I found that if I went with the shorter more rounded snout of the Tiger or Great White it turned out looking like a ninja turtleBig Grin)

All in all this is your project, so make it like you envision it. I'll be looking forward to the final result!Cool
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6