Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7
Brian   04-14-2011, 10:23 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Common sense ain't so common is it?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/13/walkin...to/?hpt=T2

I laughed. I know it is wrong but I laughed. I am sure I wouldn't feel that way if I was using the funeral home for a loved one.

LMAO Yeah, that's wrong.

There is no wise man without fault
flyingfox   04-15-2011, 03:43 AM
The Mad American Wrote:Common sense ain't so common is it?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/13/walkin...to/?hpt=T2

I laughed. I know it is wrong but I laughed. I am sure I wouldn't feel that way if I was using the funeral home for a loved one.

I have to admit it tickled me as well, that is English for made me laughBig Grin. I also think that even if I had had a need to walk into the place, I think I would have got a smile out of it. Just the absurdity of it. It would not have offended me. But that is me, madder than Mad AmericanBig Grin
t4terrific   04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I watched the first disk, of the first season, of The Walking Dead this weekend. I got it from Netflix because of this show. As a rule, I'm just about sick of zombies. My wife never has been into anything horror related, especially monster stuff like vampires, werewolves, or zombies.

We started the disk together, and by the end she was asking me how long it will take to get the second disk.

I like the show, in general. It isn't perfect. Some of the technical stuff is funny. (In the first scene, of the first episode, a cop tells another cop to make sure his safety is off. He then actually switches the nonexistent 1911 style safety switch, on his Glock, to the off position. It is accompanied by a metallic clicking sound.) There are some inconsistencies, and some of the characters are just too formulaic. Other than that, it is entertaining, compelling, dramatic, and sometimes suspenseful. There is one scene, where I felt myself getting very tense as the certain death of a character (that I knew couldn't die) ensues.

I also found out why crossbows are good for killing zombies. I thought Brian was jabbing at me sarcastically, but maybe I was wrong. I do shit like that all the time.
Brian   04-18-2011, 07:35 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I also found out why crossbows are good for killing zombies. I thought Brian was jabbing at me sarcastically, but maybe I was wrong. I do shit like that all the time.

Hold on now, I usually say what I mean. :yesnod: And crossbows make very effective weapons.

There is no wise man without fault
Karithna   04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
t4terrific Wrote:I watched the first disk, of the first season, of The Walking Dead this weekend. I got it from Netflix because of this show. As a rule, I'm just about sick of zombies. My wife never has been into anything horror related, especially monster stuff like vampires, werewolves, or zombies.

We started the disk together, and by the end she was asking me how long it will take to get the second disk.

I like the show, in general. It isn't perfect. Some of the technical stuff is funny. (In the first scene, of the first episode, a cop tells another cop to make sure his safety is off. He then actually switches the nonexistent 1911 style safety switch, on his Glock, to the off position. It is accompanied by a metallic clicking sound.) There are some inconsistencies, and some of the characters are just too formulaic. Other than that, it is entertaining, compelling, dramatic, and sometimes suspenseful. There is one scene, where I felt myself getting very tense as the certain death of a character (that I knew couldn't die) ensues.

I also found out why crossbows are good for killing zombies. I thought Brian was jabbing at me sarcastically, but maybe I was wrong. I do shit like that all the time.

It figures. I had it in my queue and they sent me the last 2 episodes first. Now I know why!!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
flyingfox   04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Saw part two last night, gotta wait a week for part three. Shame only six parts. I find it tense and entertaining and one does care for the charachters, oh I do wish this Android had a spell check.
It is also humourous, or is it humorous. Depends what side of the Atlantic you on, lol.
It leaves you wondering what will become of certain characters, got it right that time, I think, will we see them again. A house with a husband and a rooftop man. I cant hide things so hope that is not a giveway.
I hope people dont compare it to a film as the two are different. A film is over in a short time, this has to be dragged out and is brilliantly done.

Sent from my mobile Arc using Tapatalk on Android
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7