RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Walking Dead - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Walking Dead (/thread-3868.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Walking Dead - Alvin Fox - 07-25-2010

Any Zombiephiles here excited from the upcoming tv series based on the comic books?

Here's a poor quality trailer someone filmed at comic-con.

I'm also surprised at how closely the cast resembles the comic.
[Image: 1279209234.jpg]

I just wonder how closely this will follow the comic. (If certain chartacers will [SPOILER]lose limbs for the remainder of their performance on the show.[/SPOILER])

I haven't watched anything on AMC in a long time. Anyone know what kind of stuff they'll be able to get away with? Please let them be able to cuss every now and then.

The Walking Dead - colburn0004 - 07-25-2010

I'm pretty excited for it. I never read the comic but AMC has done some great things with shows lately with Breaking Bad and Mad Men both being great.

The Walking Dead - Brian - 07-25-2010

This looks decent to me. As to the cuss words, we'll be lucky if we get a damn or a hell in the dialog. LOL

The Walking Dead - colburn0004 - 07-25-2010

Brian Wrote:This looks decent to me. As to the cuss words, we'll be lucky if we get a damn or a hell in the dialog. LOL

I think AMC as long as it's past 10 can get away with everything but the F word. Pretty sure.

The Walking Dead - Scott Miller - 07-25-2010

I think it will be worth a look at the very least and I agree with the colburnn, the fact that its on AMC bodes well. In fact I just realized that is why I had such high hopes for The Glades(which I gave up on after two episodes), I thought it was on AMC but its on A & E.

I have read the first couple of trades and thought they were pretty good.

The Walking Dead - The Mad American - 07-25-2010

Haven't read the comics but I am a sucker for a zombie movie or anything zombie. And I agree with Scott and Colburn, it bodes well for it that it is being done by AMC.

The Walking Dead - Alvin Fox - 07-26-2010

I've never seen Breaking Bad or Mad Men but have only heard good things about them. I really hope the combination of AMC and Frank Darabont makes this a lasting show. I recommend reading the trade paperbacks for anyone who hasn't. It can be costly though.

In other zombie news- Brad Pitt will be starring in the movie version of World War Z. I wonder if he'll be the journalist going from scene to scene to get stories from various people or if the movie will focus on certain characters during the zombie apocalypse.

The Walking Dead - colburn0004 - 07-26-2010

AlvinFox Wrote:I've never seen Breaking Bad or Mad Men but have only heard good things about them. I really hope the combination of AMC and Frank Darabont makes this a lasting show. I recommend reading the trade paperbacks for anyone who hasn't. It can be costly though.

Not sure but I think it's just a mini series.

The Walking Dead - Alvin Fox - 07-26-2010

Darabont wants a second season.

The Walking Dead - KRW - 07-26-2010

AlvinFox Wrote:Darabont wants a second season.

I hate to say it, but you're actually getting me interested in watching something on t.v. again....... yeah, I know!Cool