Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7   
Kenji   11-09-2010, 11:03 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:You, sir, are in for a treat.

I saw 1st episode.

Looks like 28 Days Later. Hmm.......not bad. Pretty Good.
somevelvetmorning   12-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Kenji Wrote:I saw 1st episode.

Looks like 28 Days Later. Hmm.......not bad. Pretty Good.

i almost didn't watch the 2nd episode because i thought this was going to be a ripoff of 28 days later...then i found out that the graphic novel came first. i've learned to like it, although i'm getting sick of the disturbing dreams it gives me.
cobalt   12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
We watched the season finale last night. I saw an advert for the whole season on dvd for those that want one. I think it's available today.

EWMAN
The Mad American   12-06-2010, 12:43 PM
somevelvetmorning Wrote:i almost didn't watch the 2nd episode because i thought this was going to be a ripoff of 28 days later...then i found out that the graphic novel came first. i've learned to like it, although i'm getting sick of the disturbing dreams it gives me.

Actually that is not true, the Graphic novel came out a few months after 28 Days Later, but it seems the starting sequence that seemed to borrow heavily from 28 Days Later was from an earlier SciFi movie (I think called Day of The Trifids..or something along those lines). Once beyond the opening in the hospital it doesn't resemble 28 Days Later at all.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I saw an episode last night when the Madison Gamblers decided to watch it instead of playing poker.

Man... It was =intense=. :eek6:
LolaRennt   12-06-2010, 01:44 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:We watched the season finale last night. I saw an advert for the whole season on dvd for those that want one. I think it's available today.

Last night was the season finale?? That means the first season is just 5 or 6 episodes? BOO! And why would AMC do that?

I have been following the series On Demand so I'm a week behind, I think. I just watched the 4th episode.

LR

Why do I always do this to myself???
cobalt   12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:Last night was the season finale?? That means the first season is just 5 or 6 episodes? BOO! And why would AMC do that?

I have been following the series On Demand so I'm a week behind, I think. I just watched the 4th episode.

LR

I think they made 6 episodes, not knowing if the series would be a hit....duh! and hoped for the best. Of course it was renewed.

EWMAN
LolaRennt   12-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Good...maybe AMC will do the odd mini-season type thing that USA does with its shows so I won't have to wait a long time for the next season.

Why do I always do this to myself???
The Mad American   12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:Good...maybe AMC will do the odd mini-season type thing that USA does with its shows so I won't have to wait a long time for the next season.

I have heard, not sure of the truth of it, but that the short split seasons we see in almost all cable shows and a lot of regular network shows is because of the last writers strike.

The 6-8 episode split season has become the norm. I really hate it to be honest.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Alvin Fox   12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I was beginning to lose interest in this after that amazing first episode. Maybe because it took an hour and a half and only had 3 actors that I got to know. After that I was thrown a dozen characters all at once and told, "You are supposed to care about this character."

My two favorite characters so far have been ones that weren't even in the comic. Daryl and Jenner.
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7