Karithna   04-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I like Netflix. All these old movies I haven't seen in years.

I recently watched The Omega Man with Charlton Heston. 1971. I remembered seeing it as a kid and it freaked me out. Remade into I am Legend.

Any other Ideas out there for good netflix rentals?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
cobalt   04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
We watched Botched the other night. I liked it...a horror movie with some good laughs.

EWMAN
Ken Valentine   04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Karithna Wrote:I like Netflix. All these old movies I haven't seen in years.

I recently watched The Omega Man with Charlton Heston. 1971. I remembered seeing it as a kid and it freaked me out. Remade into I am Legend.

Any other Ideas out there for good netflix rentals?
Not much in the way of recommendations -- I don't know your taste in movies. But just for the record, THE OMEGA MAN was the second movie made from Matheson's novel I AM LEGEND. The first one was called THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, and starred Vincent Price.

Ken V.
cobalt   04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
We just watched Pandorum again. It's a good movie when it still makes me jump a second time. :eek:

EWMAN
The Mad American   04-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Not much in the way of recommendations -- I don't know your taste in movies. But just for the record, THE OMEGA MAN was the second movie made from Matheson's novel I AM LEGEND. The first one was called THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, and starred Vincent Price.

Ken V.

Good point Ken, and I think that TLMOE with Mr. Vincent Price was much more faithful to the source material than any of the other movies made from I am Legend.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Ken Valentine   04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
The Mad American Wrote:Good point Ken, and I think that TLMOE with Mr. Vincent Price was much more faithful to the source material than any of the other movies made from I am Legend.
That's what I think as well.

Ken V.
fpw   04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Great westerns on Netflix - Ride the High Country, The Magnificent 7, The Unforgiven, Open Range...

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-22-2010, 08:39 AM
fpw Wrote:Great westerns on Netflix - Ride the High Country, The Magnificent 7, The Unforgiven, Open Range...

I believe the country's gone downhill since the western stopped being a Hollywood and tv staple.
saynomore   04-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Old school Horror:

Dead of Night
Carnival of Souls

New Horror:

Splinter
The Dorm

AC
Karithna   05-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Good ideas. I'll have to check out the Vincent Price flick. They also have an older version of Inglorious Bastards.

With the intro of Hi-Speed internet, I'm starting to wonder whether I should dump DirectTV. I love the sevice, but there is rarely anything on.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein