RepairmanJack.com Forums
Netflix Ideas Please - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Netflix Ideas Please (/thread-3791.html)

Netflix Ideas Please - Karithna - 04-20-2010

I like Netflix. All these old movies I haven't seen in years.

I recently watched The Omega Man with Charlton Heston. 1971. I remembered seeing it as a kid and it freaked me out. Remade into I am Legend.

Any other Ideas out there for good netflix rentals?

Netflix Ideas Please - cobalt - 04-20-2010

We watched Botched the other night. I liked it...a horror movie with some good laughs.

Netflix Ideas Please - Ken Valentine - 04-20-2010

Karithna Wrote:I like Netflix. All these old movies I haven't seen in years.

I recently watched The Omega Man with Charlton Heston. 1971. I remembered seeing it as a kid and it freaked me out. Remade into I am Legend.

Any other Ideas out there for good netflix rentals?
Not much in the way of recommendations -- I don't know your taste in movies. But just for the record, THE OMEGA MAN was the second movie made from Matheson's novel I AM LEGEND. The first one was called THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, and starred Vincent Price.

Ken V.

Netflix Ideas Please - cobalt - 04-21-2010

We just watched Pandorum again. It's a good movie when it still makes me jump a second time. :eek:

Netflix Ideas Please - The Mad American - 04-21-2010

Ken Valentine Wrote:Not much in the way of recommendations -- I don't know your taste in movies. But just for the record, THE OMEGA MAN was the second movie made from Matheson's novel I AM LEGEND. The first one was called THE LAST MAN ON EARTH, and starred Vincent Price.

Ken V.

Good point Ken, and I think that TLMOE with Mr. Vincent Price was much more faithful to the source material than any of the other movies made from I am Legend.

Netflix Ideas Please - Ken Valentine - 04-22-2010

The Mad American Wrote:Good point Ken, and I think that TLMOE with Mr. Vincent Price was much more faithful to the source material than any of the other movies made from I am Legend.
That's what I think as well.

Ken V.

Netflix Ideas Please - fpw - 04-22-2010

Great westerns on Netflix - Ride the High Country, The Magnificent 7, The Unforgiven, Open Range...

Netflix Ideas Please - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-22-2010

fpw Wrote:Great westerns on Netflix - Ride the High Country, The Magnificent 7, The Unforgiven, Open Range...

I believe the country's gone downhill since the western stopped being a Hollywood and tv staple.

Netflix Ideas Please - saynomore - 04-23-2010

Old school Horror:

Dead of Night
Carnival of Souls

New Horror:

Splinter
The Dorm

AC

Netflix Ideas Please - Karithna - 05-08-2010

Good ideas. I'll have to check out the Vincent Price flick. They also have an older version of Inglorious Bastards.

With the intro of Hi-Speed internet, I'm starting to wonder whether I should dump DirectTV. I love the sevice, but there is rarely anything on.